+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Krell KSA-100 MK2

I'm Grant.

Default Krell KSA-100 MK1

Class a is always hot as it's always full on. Unless they are cheating and it's ab or some other system Even the. It's usually a for first section. Like 20 watts then ab At that sensitivity you won't be using much of the volume control.

After saying that the best amp I ever had was a mf a1000 class a. 50 watt. It was pretty hot. Like remove your skin hot. Lol

Sounded fabulous and I should really have kept it. Silly Billy
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    The Krell runs in a slightly different class A set up to the classic notion of class A. It uses Sustained Plateau Bias which means it does not run as hot as a typical Class A amp.
    Surely that's because it decides when to switch out of Class A and into AB?

Bigman80 Guest

Ok, Macca. Fair enough

Still non the wiser.

Sent from my VKY-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Class a is always hot as it's always full on. Unless they are cheating and it's ab or some other system Even the. It's usually a for first section. Like 20 watts then ab At that sensitivity you won't be using much of the volume control.

After saying that the best amp I ever had was a mf a1000 class a. 50 watt. It was pretty hot. Like remove your skin hot. Lol

Sounded fabulous and I should really have kept it. Silly Billy
    MF used to make an Integrated 70W amp called the Synthesis. It was an absolute beast, light the blue touch paper and stand back! Not sure if it ran in Class A but it may well have done. It got very hot and was very powerful indeed. Nearly bought one it was so impressive but decided it was a bit too much.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Like?..........

Beard P100 and the P100 monoblocks.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Floyddroid View Post
    Beard P100 and the P100 monoblocks.
    Goddam it, I asked about those. Few weeks back and was told not to bother lol

I give up!!!

I'm jamie.

have a read up on a john wood kt88!
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Richard.

Hi Marco,

If you would like a bit of American muscle (!) find a Modwright KW150SE secondhand if you can. I’ve had mine for a year and it is a perfect match for my Boenicke speakers which like a bit of grunt up ‘em.
    Can’t see me changing it anytime soon - though I’m not sure I could pick it up a second time!
    Analogue: Linn LP12/Keel/Karmen/Karousel/Tranquility/Radikal/Trampolin 2/Collaro mat/Ekos SE/Audio Technica ART-1000 into Gold Note PH-10/PSU-10

Digital: Cyrus CD XT Signature into Border Patrol SE DAC

Amplification: Modwright LS36.5 pre into Modwright KW150SE

Speakers: Boenicke W8

Interconnects: Reference Fidelity Saturn and Oriton Orange Symphony

Speaker Cabling: Townshend Isolda

Headphones HD600

Mains: Various MCRU kits/Russ Andrews Power Cords/X Block

RCM: Velvet Vortex Ultrasonic

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dickchy View Post
    Hi Marco,

If you would like a bit of American muscle (!) find a Modwright KW150SE secondhand if you can. I’ve had mine for a year and it is a perfect match for my Boenicke speakers which like a bit of grunt up ‘em.
    Can’t see me changing it anytime soon - though I’m not sure I could pick it up a second time!
    Marco?

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Goddam it, I asked about those. Few weeks back and was told not to bother lol

I give up!!!

It was a sad day when i sold my Beard amps. Best amps i have ever owned. I had a Krell FPB300 and it simply wasn't as good. The Beards pissed all over it. I got divorced and moved into a small gaff so had to sell them. My Avondale Voyagers that i use now are also a better amp than the Krell. All subjective i suppose. But hey, done the Krell thing and never again. A friend at the time had the same amp and his went pop. It was away for months and he could have bought a small hatchback for what the repairs cost him.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast