+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Krell KSA-100 MK2

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sq225917 View Post
    Nice caps the ROE's but those formica cases are crap. Olive Naim gear was literally stuffed with them.
    I've used fairly cheap replacements Si, anything wrong with that? Should I have gone better?

Sent from my VKY-L09 using Tapatalk

Bigman80 Guest

Restorative jobs now getting ticked off nicely!

The Krell has FEET!!!!!!

Got something rattling around the case though so presumably something has come adrift. I'll be inside later for a rummage around.

Last edited by Bigman80; 11-10-2018 at 17:40.

I'm john.

Feet look good Oliver, i tried to get some for mine from Krell as mine look a bit crazed but they would not supply so decided to stick with old ones.Wouldn't mind sometime having a listen to your Krell and mine sometime to compare.

I'm RHW.

Just wanted to say that i've really enjoyed reading this thread Bigman80 and its great to see that you took the plunge in buying the amp and that it has been a big success. Im hopeful that the KSA 100 that I have just commited to will also be a pleasant experience like yours, although its not a mk 2. Im not actually sure what the difference is but I don't expect it will be much.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by johnsteer View Post
    Feet look good Oliver, i tried to get some for mine from Krell as mine look a bit crazed but they would not supply so decided to stick with old ones.Wouldn't mind sometime having a listen to your Krell and mine sometime to compare.
    Hi John,

I'm pleased with how the feet turned out. Look like they belong there which is all I was after. I've note seen the original feet so I have no idea what they look like. Got to be honest, it's a pain to keep chucking it about

Its just in need of a really good clean and it'll be done.

I am sure we can sort out a meet up, I know there's a MiBO 2019 in the works, in the Stoke area so maybe that could work?

Bigman80 Guest

Hi Russell,

Thank you! It was a scary plunge. I spent over a £1k and didn't really have it spare. Luckily it all worked out!!

Post a link to your new Krell!!

I really hope it works out for you as well as it has here, if I can help in any way, just let me know. You're always welcome to bring it over and we can pop the lids and have a look at exactly what's different between the two. It does state somewhere here that the MK2 idles at less of a draw from the wall so there are some differences somewhere.

When do you get it?
    Quote Originally Posted by RHW View Post
    Just wanted to say that i've really enjoyed reading this thread Bigman80 and its great to see that you took the plunge in buying the amp and that it has been a big success. Im hopeful that the KSA 100 that I have just commited to will also be a pleasant experience like yours, although its not a mk 2. Im not actually sure what the difference is but I don't expect it will be much.

I'm RHW.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Hi Russell,

Thank you! It was a scary plunge. I spent over a £1k and didn't really have it spare. Luckily it all worked out!!

Post a link to your new Krell!!

I really hope it works out for you as well as it has here, if I can help in any way, just let me know. You're always welcome to bring it over and we can pop the lids and have a look at exactly what's different between the two. It does state somewhere here that the MK2 idles at less of a draw from the wall so there are some differences somewhere.

When do you get it?

Hi yes I bought from a chap in Stoke on Trent and will collect it next weekend. I am really looking forward to trying it, my last Krell was a KSA 50 back in 1984! I have some Martin Logan ELS X and will feed it with a Meridian Sooloos system streaming Tidal. My current amp is a Bryston which I have owned since new, 20 years and it’s just out of its warranty next month! That would be great to meet up and compare amps. This one has had some caps replaced, I’m not sure if they were all changed. I’m going to get some granite slab cut to size for both amps, I need to find the dimensions but can’t find them on line, do you happen to know the overall width and depth? I’ll put a slab under each amp on sorbothane feet as the floor is made of timber. Just love a project, especially where Hifi is concerned��

Bigman80 Guest

I have a PDF version of the manual. If you want a copy, PM your email address and I'll send it over.

A meet up to compare amps is right up my street. I'm definitely up for that!

Bigman80 Guest

A few days back, Alan and I fitted some replacement Panasonic capacitors for the old ROE 1000uf/16v ones.

I've been listening and I'm 100% convinced that it's changed the sound. The HF definitely appear to be more apparent than previously. This got me thinking, those capacitors were just, cheap caps to replace some old ones. What difference would some really good capacitors make.

I had to find out. So, I've ordered some Capacitors that, according to research, are the closest things the Black Gate capacitors.

It's cost £36 for four and I have no idea if it's going to make a blind bit of difference. However, the Krell DESERVES the best so when they arrive, the Krell will be upgraded!!

Oh, what caps are they? Audio note Keisei.

I'm RHW.

Great idea, wheee are you buying from ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast