+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2331323334 LastLast

Thread: Krell KSA-100 MK2

Bigman80 Guest

No mate, I took the pic just before I'd put it back.

Everything is present and correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Is there a screw missing from one of those crimped terminals?

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Good stuff.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Jozua.

OLi

The AN Kaisei caps for the Krell Ksa is an option I love to try !! That is if i can source them !

I think it was divine intervention that stopped you from fitting Black Gates. I tried it and the midrange and tops were very nice with the BG NFX caps but you loose bass tightness.

Another safe option would have been Nichicon Fine Gold.

Take care.

Jozua

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jozua View Post
    OLi

The AN Kaisei caps for the Krell Ksa is an option I love to try !! That is if i can source them !

I think it was divine intervention that stopped you from fitting Black Gates. I tried it and the midrange and tops were very nice with the BG NFX caps but you loose bass tightness.

Another safe option would have been Nichicon Fine Gold.

Take care.

Jozua
    Hi Jozua,

Yes, the AN Kaisei have been a revelation.

I wanted black gate but obviously they aren't available for a price I was willing to pay.

I got them from Hificollective. I don't know if they ship to SA?

Could always have a look!

I'm Simon.

Looking good. Time to strip it and clean every pcb and part, you'll be amazed at the crap that comes off.
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sq225917 View Post
    Looking good. Time to strip it and clean every pcb and part, you'll be amazed at the crap that comes off.
    Cheers!

I haven't got the confidence to do that just yet mate. If I did, I'd probably put some fancy fans in while I was at it.

I'm Alan.

What something like this:

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    What something like this:

Sweet Christmas, they are vulgar lol

I'm Jozua.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Cheers!

I haven't got the confidence to do that just yet mate. If I did, I'd probably put some fancy fans in while I was at it.
    Replacing the fans is critical - but finding the right speed PAPST fan's is tricky. When they die, they die fast and you will only know about it when it is too late. I would replace the main caps as well- by now they well past their safe lifespan.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jozua View Post
    Replacing the fans is critical - but finding the right speed PAPST fan's is tricky. When they die, they die fast and you will only know about it when it is too late. I would replace the main caps as well- by now they well past their safe lifespan.
    Well, that's what i thought too, trouble is the other caps i replaced, that one would 'expect' to be out of spec by now, were still perfect!! Build quality on this is utterly ridiculous so i am not too worried at the minute.

I have also been instructed that it would be obvious if the main 40000uf capacitors needed changing. It isn't obvious so i will leave them as long as possible.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2331323334 LastLast