+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Helping A Friend Out - Any help with pricing these please as a job lot?

I'm Ade.

Default Helping A Friend Out - Any help with pricing these please as a job lot?

Hi,
    As the title suggests, a friend of mine, whose Father has a lot of stuff requires sale of these items.

I suggested prices based on eBay completed listings but they would rather sell the lot in one go!

Can anybody help with this, just to give a ball park figure as I believe some of this gear is fairly desirable? Alternatively suggest a dealer who would offer a fair price, not E******m as they have asked me not to contact them, personal reasons I believe.

There are 3 items without photos as these items are in the friends house, rather than his Father's house where I took them.

https://imgur.com/a/XXXw0zB

THE LIST:

Linn LP12 Transcription Sondek Turntable

Naim NAP SA

Alphason HR-100 MCS arm with Ortofon MC10 Supreme cartridge

Goldring Lenco GL72 Turntable 16, 33, 45 & 78 speeds & comes with several different head-shells.

Thorens TD 125 MKll Turntable

SME Series lll Arm with spare arm

SME Series ll arm

Naim Nac 32.5 Pre Amp

Naim Nap 140 Power Amp

Celestion Ditton 66 Speakers (With Original grills but cabinets need a refresh) - tweeter replaced a while back.

Realistic Stereo Frequency Equaliser

Techics ST GT650 Tuner

AKAI HXA3X Cassette Deck

Sansui Integrated amp AUG30X

All items are loved and used; certainly they have signs of use and some marks here & there and probably could do with a service but have been handled by a Gentleman who cherishes Hi-Fi.

I was told that all items were working as they should at the time they were shelved, some a couple of years ago, others longer.

Thanks in advance...
    Ade
    Last edited by Parcelmonkey; 10-11-2018 at 15:49. Reason: Added further info...

I'm Martin.

I would say about three grands worth there Ade.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Mark.

If you do an advanced search on eBay you can see sold listings which will give you a decent idea of worth (in my view) for each item. I guess you could expect 2/3 of the total for a job lot.

I'm Ade.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I would say about three grands worth there Ade.
    Thanks for that Martin. Would you think that would be from a dealer who obviously wants to make their mark up too or just an enthusiast?

I'm Deleted.

My feeling is that you will struggle to sell the lot as one unless you deal with a dealer experienced in low ball offers. The only bits that strike me as ‘of value’ and that is the turntables, alpahson arm andNaim bits.
    Account Deleted

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    My feeling is that you will struggle to sell the lot as one unless you deal with a dealer experienced in low ball offers. The only bits that strike me as ‘of value’ and that is the turntables, alpahson arm andNaim bits.
    Agreed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Grant.

Default Helping A Friend Out - Any help with pricing these please as a job lot?

I'd be inclined to cherry pick out the best stuff and sell it individually if u can at reasonable prices. Then sell rest as a job lot to whoever wants it
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Parcelmonkey View Post
    Thanks for that Martin. Would you think that would be from a dealer who obviously wants to make their mark up too or just an enthusiast?
    I'd say that's roughly what you could get selling it all individually on forums. As a job lot to a dealer I don't know but it will be less than that unless you get him drunk first
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Mike.

That's rather an odd collection, and I agree with Mark, that only certain items would sell readily (decks, arms, Naim). However, unless they are in good saleable condition with some kind of provenance, it'd be tricky getting anywhere near 'market' price. As sales on the forums (well, certainly pfm) have been very slow for some time (there's even a thread about it), either pricing to sell regardless or taking a hassle punt on Ebay seem to be the most viable options, i.m.o.

Don't think you've got a snowball's chance in Hell of getting anything but peanuts for a job lot, as some of those items are of boot sale/charity shop status. Maybe cherry pick, then find an outlet for the rest.

I'm Martin.

Here's a breakdown of what I think you can get for them (maybe the arms are worth more? Or less?) - so about £2.5K

Linn LP12 Transcription Sondek Turntable £400

Naim NAP SA £100

Alphason HR-100 MCS arm with Ortofon MC10 Supreme cartridge £200

Goldring Lenco GL72 Turntable 16, 33, 45 & 78 speeds & comes with several different head-shells. £75

Thorens TD 125 MKll Turntable £150

SME Series lll Arm with spare arm £100

SME Series ll arm £100

Naim Nac 32.5 Pre Amp £300

Naim Nap 140 Power Amp £350

Celestion Ditton 66 Speakers (With Original grills but cabinets need a refresh) - tweeter replaced a while back. £500

Realistic Stereo Frequency Equaliser £20

Techics ST GT650 Tuner £10

AKAI HXA3X Cassette Deck £10

Sansui Integrated amp AUG30X £30
    Current Lash Up:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast