+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Krell KSA-100 MK2

I'm Grant.

whats the wee plate on front for?
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Bigman80 Guest

Branding mate. I'll put some better pics on in a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    whats the wee plate on front for?
    Sent from my VKY-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    That brings back some memories of the good ol' days, when we used to sell them every week, usually with an SP8.
    That must have been before the internet was around, so no-one knew that they are expensive to fix, run too hot, won't work well with sensitive speakers, don't sound very good anyway and aren't really class A. (Did I miss anything ).
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    That must have been before the internet was around, so no-one knew that they are expensive to fix, run too hot, won't work well with sensitive speakers, don't sound very good anyway and aren't really class A. (Did I miss anything ).

Yes you missed that they can set paper cones on fire ....

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post

I'm jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    here we go again!
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

Bigman80 Guest

It's temporarily in, on, my speakers aren't on fire, the ceiling is in tact and it's sounding like it works.

So far so good.

I'm Clive.

If the OP wants to buy a Krell amp, than hell yes but exactly why? It won’t be for pure SQ as it can be beaten by a modern muscle amp like a Bryston 4B3 (I know I’m biased). If someone want to own the muscle amp that (probably) started it all then look lovingly at this iconic bit of kit on his rack, then I say go for it.
    SOURCE:OPPO UDP-205 BluRay, SkyQ, Technics SL1210M5G/HexMat Eclipse/MN Bearing/Origin Live Gravity One puck/Isonoes with Boots/Jelco TK-850S Tonearm/Hana Umami Blue, PS Audio Stellar Phonostage. I also have an AT-OC9XSH as a spare cartridge.
    AMPLIFIER: Bryston BR-20 Pre/DAC/Streamer & Bryston 4B3 Power Amplifier
    SPEAKERS: Spendor D7 on Iso-Acoustics Gaia III’s
    HEADPHONES: OPPO PM-1 with Atlas Zeno cable, B&W Pi7 S2 and B&W C5 v2.
    CABLES: Analogue: Speaker Atlas Mavros Grun. Interconnect - Atlas Mavros XLR x3, MCRU Silver Tonearm cable
    Digital:Audioquest Carbon Ethernet x 4, Audioquest Carbon digital, English Electric 8Switch, Chord Optichord, Atlas Optical.
    Mains: PS Audio Perfectwave AC-05 x 5, Isol-8 Powerline Extreme with Quantum Science yellow fuse on input cable, Sounds Fantastic 6way Mains Blocks.
    STORAGE: Synology DS216J NAS with 2 x 3Tb WD Red hard-drives. Samsung 500Gb SSD.
    TV LG55B7 OLED

I'm jamie.

its on the floor!
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Clive197 View Post
    If the OP wants to buy a Krell amp, than hell yes but exactly why? It won’t be for pure SQ as it can be beaten by a modern muscle amp like a Bryston 4B3 (I know I’m biased). If someone want to own the muscle amp that (probably) started it all then look lovingly at this iconic bit of kit on his rack, then I say go for it.
    Hi Clive,

Ok, I bought it because I wanted to, no other reason. I haven't heard this model before, I haven't had a "muscle amp" previously and this one was in the budget.

SQ, not instantly seeing it's not up to standard to be honest. It hasn't got a great pair of cables attached and yet its very good. Better to come.

First few tracks are quite encouraging. Soundstage is F'ing huge!!!

Effortless, sweet and I'd suggest impossible to tell it's a SS design.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast