+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Guilty pleasures...

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    Did he do a cover of that?
    I always thought Jona Lewie had it nailed
    You're right Chris, I'm such a silly sausage! Joe Dolce did "Shaddup Yer Face".
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

Physical - ONJ, but only when it's on TV
    Steve.

Kit I have:
    CD player, TTs, Phono stages, Pre amps, Power amps, Integrated amps, DACs, Streamers, Speakers and a bunch of cables.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    That's a super cool album cover so the music can't be that bad surely?

I'm also a fan of 'Wichita Linesman'. I used to sing that to my girlfriend, she was always less than impressed.
    Ive got one of those CDs. Think it might be vol 2
    It's quite good
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Lots of guilty pleasures and everybody should have some

Trio - Da Da Da
    Carol Bayer Sagar - Moving out today
    Middle of the road - Chirpy chirpy cheep cheep
    Dionne Warwick- Heartbreaker
    Glen Campbell - Rhinestone Cowboy.
    Dee Dee Jackson - Automatic Lover
    Frank Mills - Music box Dancer

and loads more

Ive found myself humming and singing some Coldplay songs recently so there really is no hope for me
    Last edited by Minstrel SE; 13-09-2018 at 21:29.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Wichita Lineman is cool, as are several other Glen Campbell songs.
    His best songs are those that were written by Jimmy Webb. If you have not heard it I would suggest you check out Webb's own recordings https://www.allmusic.com/album/ten-e...s-mw0000080839

Geoff

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    His best songs are those that were written by Jimmy Webb. If you have not heard it I would suggest you check out Webb's own recordings https://www.allmusic.com/album/ten-e...s-mw0000080839

Geoff
    Cheers for that Geoff - just ordered it.
    Barry

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Cheers for that Geoff - just ordered it.
    It's a top album. Great songs, great performances, and very well recorded!

Geoff

I'm Martin.

Wichita Linesman is a good song.

I think we should get the thread back on track with real guilty pleasures. I reckon everybody has them as music plays with us in strange ways.

When you are getting into "we built this city on rock n roll" for just a moment, its an incredible guilt trip....."corporation games" ....During the song I hate myself for getting into it and on reflection the song is shite....Thats a guilty moment

Music has that way...you know you should be hating it but something strange happens.

I'm Edward.

OK I put my hands up - Roy Orbison - my mum use to spin his stuff on an ancient mono valve gramophone. Lush.

Lonely and Blue ...
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Grant.

Not much wrong with the Big O. Ooby Dooby and all that. A voice elvis wanted.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast