+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Guilty pleasures...

I'm Ian.

A few years ago I would never have admitted this but I really like Andy Williams, I think it stems from my dad who was a fan so I heard his music from an early age. Following on from that another of dad's favourites was Tony Bennett who I'm also quite partial to.
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands
    Cables
    Mogami with Rean Neutrik plugs/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 AA

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    'Fever' by Peggy Lee

+1
    +2. But this song was always cool - the problem was with us as youngsters, who were maybe too stupid to recognise quality. Or maybe our tastes were hobbled by the overpowering need to appear cool. Probably both.

Having said that, I don't know when it was that I became 'switched on' to songs like this. Perhaps it just creeps up on us, like nose hair.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian7633 View Post
    A few years ago I would never have admitted this but I really like Andy Williams, I think it stems from my dad who was a fan so I heard his music from an early age. Following on from that another of dad's favourites was Tony Bennett who I'm also quite partial to.
    We've become our parents!

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian7633 View Post
    My guilty pleasure is Burt Bacharach and Dion Warwick, and this (forgive the non-PC title):

A double CD and there are now two follow-up CDs.

I also have

But I'll pass on Part 2.
    Barry

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    +2. But this song was always cool - the problem was with us as youngsters, who were maybe too stupid to recognise quality. Or maybe our tastes were hobbled by the overpowering need to appear cool. Probably both.

Having said that, I don't know when it was that I became 'switched on' to songs like this. Perhaps it just creeps up on us, like nose hair.
    For years I was a strict rock fan, and loathed Tamla Motown and Atlantic records. Then about fifteen years a go I had a Damascene conversion, realised how much good music I was missing and made up for my neglect.
    Barry

I'm Lawrence.

My dad played double bass at the Cafe de Paris in Leicester Square (well before I was born though) so I grew up with music. My favourite record of his was Glenn Miller, though I have to admit it was Joe Loss plays. Still love it to this day!

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

I'm Steve.

For years I was a strict rock fan, and loathed Tamla Motown and Atlantic records. Then about fifteen years a go I had a Damascene conversion, realised how much good music I was missing and made up for my neglect.
    Thank you Barry, your posts are always an education for me! I had to look up 'damascene conversion'. The more I learn, the less inclined I am to just point and grunt.

It's strange that at the time in our lives when the world is all in front of us with endless possibilities, we are so closed off and blinkered. The phrase 'youth is wasted on the young' is so true.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Jim.

I've always liked this:

I'm Martin.

My guilty pleasure is Burt Bacharach and Dion Warwick, and this (forgive the non-PC title):

That's a super cool album cover so the music can't be that bad surely?

I'm also a fan of 'Wichita Linesman'. I used to sing that to my girlfriend, she was always less than impressed.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    "Stop the Cavalry" by Joe Dolchie
    Did he do a cover of that?
    I always thought Jona Lewie had it nailed
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast