+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Guilty pleasures...

I'm Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Some of those were 'one hit wonders', to which I'll add:

Bobby Gentry - 'Ode to Billy Joe'
    Nena - '99 Red ballons' (actually I prefer the German version: 'Neunundneunzig Luftballons')
    The Boxtops - 'The Letter'

plus several more which I'll remember once I have posted this!
    99 Red Balloons, another of my guilty pleasures. A few months ago her and that song came up in a thread in another forum I frequent and I subsequently googled her to see what she was up to, she has certainly worn very well. You're right about the German version too.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Some of those were 'one hit wonders', to which I'll add:

Bobby Gentry - 'Ode to Billy Joe'
    Nena - '99 Red ballons' (actually I prefer the German version: 'Neunundneunzig Luftballons')
    The Boxtops - 'The Letter'

plus several more which I'll remember once I have posted this!
    I don't feel the slightest bit guilty about liking 'Ode to Billy Joe', and as for Nena, I confess I had a bit of a crush, hairy armpits and all.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

Right now I'm playing Madonna's 'Something to remember, and it's loud enough for the whole street to hear. Feel a bit guilty about not being out at work though.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Alan.

Why? Enjoy the tunes bro.

I'm Steve.

https://theartofsound.net/forum/newr...3260&noquote=1

You're right of course, but it's just finished. I wonder what the neighbours would like next? I don't have any Take That, but 'Underneath it All' by No Doubt is another of my guilty pleasures.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    I don't feel the slightest bit guilty about liking 'Ode to Billy Joe', and as for Nena, I confess I had a bit of a crush, hairy armpits and all.
    Neither do I - they were cited simply as examples of 'one hit wonders'.
    Barry

I'm Steve.

My mistake, I hadn't noticed that the subject had shifted to one-hit wonders.

Ok, I'm probably setting myself up for a fall here, but I think Bobbie Gentry had a number 1 a couple of years later with 'I'll Never Fall In Love', which were followed by some more lesser hits. Not exactly a one-hit wonder.

My info came from Wikipedia, so feel free to shoot me down

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    https://theartofsound.net/forum/newr...3260&noquote=1

You're right of course, but it's just finished. I wonder what the neighbours would like next? I don't have any Take That, but 'Underneath it All' by No Doubt is another of my guilty pleasures.
    I like Take That's cover of 'How Deep Is Your Love.' Also like S Club 7's version of 'Keep On Movin'. And 'S Club Party' is a killer track, no question.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm John.

Sugababes - Push the Button

Diana Ross - Chain Reaction

Both utter shite but I like them.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'm Martin.

Sugababes 'Push The Button' is basically the same tune as Wham's 'Last Christmas'.

I don't know why no-one else seems to get that.

Anyway both are top tunes, ideally you need the video with the Sugababes.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast