+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Guilty pleasures...

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    When I first became a scouse ex-pat I used to watch Brookside to stave off homesickness. My girlfriend got into it too. The theme tune was a cracker in NICAM stereo.
    think it was steve wright that did that. yeah it was the best bit about it.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Frankie Miller

That's him Grant, the name came to me on my way to work. A bit of poking around tinternet tells me that the series I was talking about was actually a play called "Just a Boy's Game" and it was really good - ITV4 should put it on instead of constant episodes of The Saint.

The series I was thinking about with Maggie Bell singing the theme, was called "Hazell", starring Pamela Stevenson's ex hubby Nicholas Ball. I remember that being quite good too, but may not have stood the test of time. Funny how songs can be timeless, while TV programmes can date so quickly.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    That's him Grant, the name came to me on my way to work. A bit of poking around tinternet tells me that the series I was talking about was actually a play called "Just a Boy's Game" and it was really good - ITV4 should put it on instead of constant episodes of The Saint.

The series I was thinking about with Maggie Bell singing the theme, was called "Hazell", starring Pamela Stevenson's ex hubby Nicholas Ball. I remember that being quite good too, but may not have stood the test of time. Funny how songs can be timeless, while TV programmes can date so quickly.
    I remember Hazell but I was only a kid at the time. Terry Venables was one of the writers.

I remember he ended up bedding some fit bird in every show. There was a flag Man United fans had that said 'Stuart Pearson scores more than James Hazell'.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'm Steve.

Yeah he did alright with the birds, but in real life his wasn't big enough to keep Pamela from the Big Yin.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Steve.

Last Saturday's 'Pick of the Pops' was a treat for me- it was this week in 1972. The top 20 included 'John I'm Only Dancing', 'Children Of The Revolution', 'Elected', 'In A Broken Dream' and 'How Can I Be Sure' (!) Yes really.

Not a fan of David Cassidy, but I think it's a great song, although at fourteen I would rather have eaten dog vomit than admit to liking it. Another guilty pleasure I suppose.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm James.

Born to be alive, Patrick Hernandez I couldn't get get that out of me bonce for ages after hearing it
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Steve.

Yeah it's the weird way he says "Born". People from Burnley talk like that.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieoftheday View Post
    Born to be alive, Patrick Hernandez I couldn't get get that out of me bonce for ages after hearing it
    A guilty pleasure and an 'ear worm' are not necessarily the same thing, just sometimes.

Driving up the M6 yesterday I had "The Race" by Yello rattling round my head. Nowt wrong with Yello, but this was 100 miles. Had to exorcise it with "Pocket Universe" when I got home.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    A guilty pleasure and an 'ear worm' are not necessarily the same thing, just sometimes.

Driving up the M6 yesterday I had "The Race" by Yello rattling round my head. Nowt wrong with Yello, but this was 100 miles. Had to exorcise it with "Pocket Universe" when I got home.
    Well yes I see your point, I do quite like it too
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Mark.

No mention of ABBA yet? Most amazing output, so clever musically and lyrically - especially considering English was not their mother tongue. Always preferred the blonde one but the girls were quite nice too.
    I have a cd of covers by 'The Real Abba' which I actually prefer to the originals but that's probably because my grand-daughters have them on permanent repeat play in the car!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast