I know streaming as a means of delivering digital data to a device.
I know there are partnering devices and software to make the set up function.
I have witnessed a Concept Multi Media Player at work many months ago for a replay of a few tracks.
I have never had a hands on experience, with a streaming device or had any communication about the basics in integrating a Streamer and DAC into a HiFi System.
The Valve Based DAC is now in the UK, awaiting my picking it up.
So now I am intrigued by how to use it, initially it will be put with the computer, but I still have to get familiar with any accessories if this to be used to make this set up work ?

If this is deemed a insufficient method of getting a good Sound Quality and a Dedicated Streaming Device is going to be the suggested method the get the best SQ, then I am already requiring assistance in steering through the maze.
I am not adverse to any model, DIY Produced (already built ) or Branded Model
If I were to lay out my wishes for a streamer, it would be a stand alone streamer (no inbuilt DAC), it would ideally be able to produce a display on a monitor, possibly rip a CD,
and have the ability to replay the FLAC files I have stored on my Laptop.
If a streamer is believed to have a effect on the SQ, then a device with a reported good SQ will be preferable.
I know there are devices or software referred to create a functioning streaming set up, but again I am not familiar with their usage.
As a further wish, a hands on experience would be great, to help get on my way.