+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Podium Speakers - What Have I Done ??

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Only handle a woman's goods if she uses same perfume as the wife

Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Only handle a woman's goods if she uses same perfume as the wife
    I am far from sure that Bev will let me handle her "goods".

Quick initial review .....

Quite lightweight in tonality - bass is about equivalent to a not very big standmount box speaker.
    Subwoofer needed, really - and I have a small one plumbed in now. It needs that little extra tonal weight in my system/room.

But very, very lucid and articulate.
    And the soundstaging .... astonishingly good - 3D with excellent depth and image focus.
    I find so far that they are best facing straight ahead.

I was trying out various 'test tracks' as one does .... then I just settled down with one of my favourite albums, and got carried away and submerged in the sheer musicality of it. Which is what matters, imho.

It took a couple of hours, or more, of listening to start to adjust to the presentation, which is quite individual..

So, yes, a very good start. I look forward to the coming days of re-exploring music Podium-style!

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    I am far from sure that Bev will let me handle her "goods".

It took a couple of hours, or more, of listening to start to adjust to the presentation, which is quite individual..
    Yes the Podiums are indeed "individual".... they sound like no other speaker I've heard

Enjoy Jerry....
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm James.

Jerry, do tell, we're all on tenterhooks (whatever they are)...

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Chris.

When I owned mine they were alongside my Hedlund Horns with Lowther DX4 drivers. Just imagine my 'period of adjustment'
    Source
    SW1X Universal Music Server UMS I Signature with Power Supply Unit PSU I Signature
    SW1X USB II
    SW1X DAC III Special
    Audiolab 6000 CDT transport
    Amps
    Pre amps -- Hi fi Collective twin mono ladder stepped attenuator, with Charcroft Z-foil and silver wired. And First Watt B1 active no gain buffer.
    Power amps -- Welborne 45 SET monoblocks 1.8W / Decware Taboo 6W / Elekit 300B TU-8600SVK plus further improved components 9W / ICE Power 1000W
    Speakers
    Highly modified Endorphin P17 open baffle speakers containing both vintage and modern alnico drivers and paper cones. All silver wired - 8" Cube Audio FC8 full range drivers and vintage 15" Altec VOTT 416 bass drivers. All sat on Townsend Audio Podium seismic isolation platforms.
    BK Electronics XLS400FF Sub.
    Cabling
    Silver mains cables, interconnects and speaker cables by SW1X
    Headphones
    HRT HeadStreamer and SennHeiser HD650 headphones

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazid View Post
    Jerry, do tell, we're all on tenterhooks (whatever they are)...

i wont bore you, but my gran had a tenter
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm James.

Oh dear, I must be more catastrophic than I realised, I had to know more after your teasy reply, and find the origin quite interesting:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tenterhook

Woe is me

How's it going with the Podiums Jerry...?

I loved their very different sound

In the end I decided to stick with Maggies but if Maggies weren't available I would have stayed with the Podiums and been very happy with them
    Bev

I'm gone.

Hi Bev

I now have two Podium threads going - that's too much for my small brain to keep track of, so I've reverted to my own system blog in the Gallery section!

My latest comments on the Podiums are here -- https://theartofsound.net/forum/show...73#post1020673

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112