+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: audirvana plus for windows

I'm Shaun.

Hi Grant

Interesting thoughts on Qobuz and Audirvana Windows.

I’ve been using Audirvana for windows for around a month now and it has improved over that time. Initially it was a little creaky and slow but performance has moved on quite a bit. It’s slicker,faster and much more usable. The interface is a little basic compared to the Mac version but I suspect that was deliberate in order to get the core functions working well.

I’m pretty sure that improvements and enhancements will follow.

Yup, no IOS or android apps at the present time but I believe it’s a work in progress.

I use remote desktop from my laptop to control a headless Audirvana server (intel i3 nuc,ssd, nothing special) which works but lacks the convenience factor of an IPAD or Android control point.

The Qobuz integration also works very well.

I’ve set up quite an extensive favourite’s library which almost mirrors my NAS based collection. Give the Adirvana treatment I can’t hear a difference between the two.

As you say

Audirvana for Windows sounds really good but still BETA.

Let’s see how things progress.

On Qobuz

They seem to be stuck into the USA launch so maybe the Desktop app is suffering a little development wise.

But.

I’ve fount a world of difference between the Windows desktop, Android and IOS apps.

The desktop version has UPNP/DNLA built in but it’s BETA and as far as I’ve read no ones has it working apart from Chris at CA.

Android is OK but limited. I use Bubble UPNP/Mcontrol to stream Qobuz to my assortment of UPNP/DNLA streamers. Works well and sounds good.

IOS is another story.

Superb when used with Airplay or Mcontrol to my around the house set up’s.

I really like the Qobuz interface especially on IPAD.

It’s slick and fast.

I'm Grant.

Hi Shaun, Thanks for info.

Im now using Tidal with Audirvana, and it just works so well. To be fair, the qobuz seemed to work that way, and the ipad worked, but i need a desktop application for my headphone amp, so although i could probably get usage out of it, im not going to pay 20 quid for a broken product.
    Have to say the tidal masters being unwrapped, or whatever they call it, does make the sound much better, irrelevant of how they do it. Sound quality is more important than whether they cheat or not to me.
    This Diana Krall album ive got on at moment is stonkingly good on the cans
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Shaun.

Good Points Grant.

I've hooked up to Tidal trial.

wonder what the differences between Tidal and Qobuz are (if any)

I'll have a play and give some feedback.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Stig View Post
    Good Points Grant.

I've hooked up to Tidal trial.

wonder what the differences between Tidal and Qobuz are (if any)

I'll have a play and give some feedback.
    Qoboz for window 10 is broken for me. tidal works with Audirvana perfectly; so much so that ive bought Audirvana. not cheap but a lifetime license and it sounds superb.
    Will have to get the lads over for a summit meeting of the mafia. big step up this.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Qoboz for window 10 is broken for me. tidal works with Audirvana perfectly; so much so that ive bought Audirvana. not cheap but a lifetime license and it sounds superb.
    Will have to get the lads over for a summit meeting of the mafia. big step up this.
    Grant,

is the license valid for all future versions and updates or just the current version?

Geoff

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    Grant,

is the license valid for all future versions and updates or just the current version?

Geoff
    its valid for the future release as this one is still in beta.

blog here....https://audirvana.com/blog/
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm inactive.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    Grant,

Geoff
    I have had Audivarna for the Mac for a few years now and the first few updates were free, the last update however required buying a new license - which I have declined (the version I have still works fine though)

I'm Grant.

it will be like jriver. updates free but a new version will cost, although you should get a discount for having the last version.

it works well for me and it will get better i expect, so it was a no brainer and cheaper than buying roon
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

in fact its so good i may go all digital... never really thought i would say and mean that
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

I've just installed the trial on my desktop pc. I expected it to integrate seamlessly with Tidal (from comments posted) but I was very surprised to see how it automatically detected my RPi/Volumio device. I was even more surprised that the Volumio screen is showing 384/32 bitrate for several MQA albums and marking the stream as a WAV file. The sound quality would seem to confirm this.

Geoff

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast