+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: audirvana plus for windows

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    I set the upscaling at 384k. Although my Caiman SEG can deal with 768k, this degree of upscaling seems to be a bit iffy with the Rpi. I think my Digione board is limited to 384k.

BTW: AV also detected my LG 4k Smart tv (which is also on a wired connection). I have this connected to hifi speakers and Tidal sounds very good through this as well.

Geoff
    What do you think of the Caiman SEG Geoff, I have a mate who is thinking of buying one.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    What do you think of the Caiman SEG Geoff, I have a mate who is thinking of buying one.
    I don't think there is much to beat it at the price. I had mine upgraded with the Supercap upgrade which requires a 15v power supply which was a worthwhile improvement in term of bass performance. I think it is possible to buy a new SEG with the upgrade included. It also has a very good headphone amp. This can be adjusted by the user (by pulling off the volume control and adjusting a small pot with a screwdriver to match the headphones). I found I needed to slightly increase the output for my Hifiman 400i headphones, but there is still plenty of headroom left. The lack of a remote is a bit of a pain, but as I use mine with an RPi/digione I can use software volume control instead.

Geoff

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    will have a look at that tomorrow . cheers
    i think I have figured out how i am accessing Volumio with AV. Seems that Bubble configured my RPi device (and my LG tv) as media devices. This is confirmed as they show up as such under my network settings.

Capture.JPG

I have also played around with the upsampling options and now have AV sending DSD 128 (1 bit) to the Rpi. This software streaming seems to be pretty hardware intensive. It works faultlessly on my desktop (a 6th gen i5 with 16gb ram) but stutters on my Asus Zen laptop.

I thought my system sounded good with the RPi/Volumio straight into my Caiman SEG but it is significantly improved by having AV process the stream before it goes to the Rpi. Another layer of mush has been removed and the quality and timbre of bass is markedly better.

Geoff

I'm Grant.

Mine is too, but its not showing.. no idea, tbh. got pc on an ethernet cable too.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Mine is too, but its not showing.. no idea, tbh. got pc on an ethernet cable too.
    Maybe worth sending a query to AV. I did not expect any real performance improvement with AV in terms of SQ, only a better user interface. Seems I underestimated their claims.

Geoff

I'm Geoff.

Just realised AV have a page on PnP devices.

https://audirvana.com/network-playback/

Geoff

I'm Grant.

may get that when it comes out of beta. maybe you have a bridge or something thats making it work. oh well, something to look forward to i guess
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

on the debug page it shows no upnp players found.. might be the issue

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Dare I suggest the IT Crowd universal solution .........

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    Dare I suggest the IT Crowd universal solution .........
    you dare...if i knew what you meant
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast