+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: audirvana plus for windows

I'm Grant.

i have had a look only found it in one place and it was ticked. anyway i have disabled all security and its the same. no dice
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

I DO MY BEST THINKING IN THE FIRST HR OF THE MORNING

found the issue regarding 1.1.1 not installing. it had infact installed, but there was 2 instances of audirvana; it hadnt deleted the old version....this was why if i start program from the start section it was asking for a licence again and needed to repair the ipad app. i had a tile on the taskbar and homescreen, which obviously referred to 1.1.0...

anyway that is now fixed, I think.

reference to Mike's issue of low volume, i have noticed that with one dac i get a software vc in program, or did yesterday. not getting it with my smsl dac, so might be because officially the main dac(xs dac) doesnt use the vc on it as its for headphones, whereas the smsl has onboard vc so doesnt need the software vc....
    sounds complicated lol

Still no volumio2 appearing nor for that matter my oppo which should as its got upnp etc.

oh and no email from the forum...lol
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

look what just appeared...

dunno why
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    look what just appeared...

dunno why

Have you set upsample to DSD under the general settings? I was amazed at the improvement in SQ through Volumio when I did this.

Geoff

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    Have you set upsample to DSD under the general settings? I was amazed at the improvement in SQ through Volumio when I did this.

Geoff
    was hit or miss with dsd so got it on a custom 24/192 seems stable
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    was hit or miss with dsd so got it on a custom 24/192 seems stable
    I think it does require a powerful pc with plenty of fast (DDR4) ram. However, it does sound significantly better to my ears on the DSD (1 bit) setting.

Geoff

I'm Grant.

sounds pretty decent this way too.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Shaun.

Well Done Grant.

onwards and upwards

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Stig View Post
    Well Done Grant.

onwards and upwards
    not sure i did anything, but it appeared.. feart to switch off now
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    I think it does require a powerful pc with plenty of fast (DDR4) ram. However, it does sound significantly better to my ears on the DSD (1 bit) setting.

Geoff
    Hi Geof

Not wanting to get into a PCM vs DSD up sampling thing I do think that the DAC used has some bearing on the resulting sound with either format.

My IDSD does indeed sound better up-sampled to DSD but my Audiolab DAC+ and Pro-ject pre box2 not so much. The networked KefLS50W sound best with no up sampling to my ears.

True a lot of horse power is needed for DSD up sampling but that's pretty much the same for any programme.

But

I just noticed some chat over on Audirvana Forum re the way that it uses CPU resources when buffering and up-sampling.

https://audirvana.com/forums/viewtop...1&t=1872#p7499

So maybe that aspect can be worked on for something a little more PC friendly.

What I have noticed it that PCM or DSD Audirvana sounds pretty good to my ears. No special PC required for PCM IMHO.

What sounds best may be subjective.

let's keep in mind that it's still beta.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast