+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: audirvana plus for windows

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    I've uninstalled it and started the refund on Apple for the app, it sounded good but I lost out on Spotify, Bandcamp and TuneinRadio integration that I get with Squeezelite on my SoTm network adapter, so because of that and the cost I didn't feel it was worth it.
    Don't think it's worth it if not using tidal tbh or Qobuz. Especially Tidal as it then becomes a great package
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Don't think it's worth it if not using tidal tbh or Qobuz. Especially Tidal as it then becomes a great package
    +1. Tidal integration is excellent. Hopefully the Windows version will get sorted soon. If so, I will be purchasing!

Geoff

I'm Geoff.

Continuing with free trial of AV. Still pretty buggy and too many crashes or refusal to start. However, I have discovered a few features that I like. On the menu, it is possible to add extra info columns in Windows Explorer fashion. I have added bit rate, file path, and date modified.

I also like the cross referencing facility which calls up all tracks by an artist, even if they are a guest on another album or if the file is on a compilation.

Geoff

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    Continuing with free trial of AV. Still pretty buggy and too many crashes or refusal to start. However, I have discovered a few features that I like. On the menu, it is possible to add extra info columns in Windows Explorer fashion. I have added bit rate, file path, and date modified.

I also like the cross referencing facility which calls up all tracks by an artist, even if they are a guest on another album or if the file is on a compilation.

Geoff
    not found any bugs as such Geoff, myself. its ran smoothly since i upgraded it to latest version a few weeks ago. Of course your doing dsd i think so that might be an issue.
    how did you add things to info etc?

one thing to watch is it doesnt seem to delete the old version so its possible to try and open older version.. that was why i couldnt get update as it had already done it but the tile on taskbar i was using to open it was still linked to old version
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

not found any bugs as such Geoff, myself. its ran smoothly since i upgraded it to latest version a few weeks ago. Of course your doing dsd i think so that might be an issue.
    how did you add things to info etc?

one thing to watch is it doesnt seem to delete the old version so its possible to try and open older version.. that was why i couldnt get update as it had already done it but the tile on taskbar i was using to open it was still linked to old version
    I was prompted to upgrade (again) yesterday, which I did. Seems they are issuing bug fixes almost every week now.

The DSD settings are not relevant to the problems I am experiencing. This may be because they have limited the amount of CPU time AV takes up. In fact, once AV loads, the DSD processing works very well. However, I have had many problems with AV crashing, even when not playing any files. Also, failing to load when launched. The spinning wheel appears to show it loading but it never does I have also had messages asking whether I want to view a memory dump performed by AV.

I will persevere, as it genuinely does improve SQ.

Geoff

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    I was prompted to upgrade (again) yesterday, which I did. Seems they are issuing bug fixes almost every week now.

The DSD settings are not relevant to the problems I am experiencing. This may be because they have limited the amount of CPU time AV takes up. In fact, once AV loads, the DSD processing works very well. However, I have had many problems with AV crashing, even when not playing any files. Also, failing to load when launched. The spinning wheel appears to show it loading but it never does I have also had messages asking whether I want to view a memory dump performed by AV.

I will persevere, as it genuinely does improve SQ.

Geoff
    ive not upgraded mine for a while. im on 1.1.1 (1033) . its not been off since volumio appeared .lol
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

ive not upgraded mine for a while. im on 1.1.1 (1033) . its not been off since volumio appeared .lol
    If you keep it open at all times then I guess you won't get prompted to upgrade when launching AV? May be worth restarting it at least once a week!

Geoff

I'm Grant.

ive updated it. lol 1.2.1 (1037) so far ok...
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm James.

Does sound like Windows version is a work in progress unlike Mac version which works superbly well but it has been around for a long time so presume any issues have been ironed out. Not compared AV to many other digital software audio apps but I really liked the improvement it made on my MacBook Pro and user interface especially using iPad with AV+
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Geoff.

Bad news... for me at least.

Upgraded again ...... today.

Volumio gone AWOL!!!

Grrrrrrrr!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast