+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: audirvana plus for windows

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Stig View Post
    The album jumbling has just been fixed in 1.11.

Your networking issue is strange.

You may find a solution on the Audirvana forum or CA.
    you got a link to the forum Shaun?
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mike.

Yes auto update.

I leave Audirvana running 24/7 on the headless NUC so needed to restart to get the update.

I like the APP's clean and simple layout but with no OP device selection it makes using it in my 4 output device set up just a little more fiddly.

Did you sort your networking issues?

On spotify.

I don't use it but I do have the SMS200 which has an airplay setting which may work.

Running Audirvana on the NUC works really well BTW. I run it 24/7 and with the APP it's just a matter of firing up the Ipad for music.

The sound is top draw IMHO.
    Re: NUC, sounds perfect for me to try that method, mind you I can Spotify via my rPi and Boss DAC using Volumio 2. Not ideal but easy enough to do at my rPi is already setup at the back of my system anyway.

Currently using the SoTm via the Squeezebox setting which gives me Nas access as well as Spotify, Bandcamp and TuneinRadio so Audirvana will need to be a decent to stepup in quality to make me buy it if I'm going to lose those features, I'll do the trail on my PC today, buy the app and if no real increase in quality then I'll just end the trail and refund the app via the app store, with iOS apps you get 14 days to refund if not liked/wanted.

I'm Grant.

The 1.1.1 new issue to fix the images has not arrived for me... ive tried restarting but nothing so far.

tried joining forum but not heard back so far..
    Last edited by struth; 11-09-2018 at 13:32.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Shaun.

https://audirvana.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=11

Should get you there Grant.

or

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/f...ficial-thread/https://www.computeraudiophile.com/f...ficial-thread/

It's a shame not to have the full Monty. It really maximises the value of the programme.

I'm pretty much an old pre computer at school lag type so it's still all a learning curve for me also but let's see if we can get you up and running.

Pretty sure it's only a matter of finding the right button to press.

sometimes I need to start AV twice to get the update to take.

I'm Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    Re: NUC, sounds perfect for me to try that method, mind you I can Spotify via my rPi and Boss DAC using Volumio 2. Not ideal but easy enough to do at my rPi is already setup at the back of my system anyway.

Currently using the SoTm via the Squeezebox setting which gives me Nas access as well as Spotify, Bandcamp and TuneinRadio so Audirvana will need to be a decent to stepup in quality to make me buy it if I'm going to lose those features, I'll do the trail on my PC today, buy the app and if no real increase in quality then I'll just end the trail and refund the app via the app store, with iOS apps you get 14 days to refund if not liked/wanted.
    I've not tried the SMS200 in SB mode so can't comment.

But you've nothing to loose with the free try out.

Let us know how you get on.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    The 1.1.1 new issue to fix the images has not arrived for me... ive tried restarting but nothing so far.
    As I've said on previous postings, I'm really impressed with AV in terms of SQ. However, it is still very buggy and I have had numerous crashes and glitches, even with the latest 1.1.1 update. My trial expires in two days and I doubt whether I will sign up for the paid version at this point. I will keep an eye on developments and the app for the Windows version.

On another point I have noted that AV really needs a powerful PC with plenty of memory (I have 16gb of DD4). Even with this, I have had problems with DSD upsampling.

Geoff

I'm Grant.

still wont update...so far. it tried once and then the whole program ran aground and had to restart pc. god, it was better in beta ffs
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

https://audirvana.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=11

Should get you there Grant.

or

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/f...ficial-thread/https://www.computeraudiophile.com/f...ficial-thread/

It's a shame not to have the full Monty. It really maximises the value of the programme.

I'm pretty much an old pre computer at school lag type so it's still all a learning curve for me also but let's see if we can get you up and running.

Pretty sure it's only a matter of finding the right button to press.

sometimes I need to start AV twice to get the update to take.
    yup still no volumio appearing even tho its on network. no idea why others are getting it. can only think its something to do with win 10, or the talktalk router firewall
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mike.

Well I’ve tried it and nothing but problems, loses connection to the pc every time I play a track then look for something else to play.

Only connects to the iOS app if I restart Audirvana on the pc, okay a track, click on another album and it just churns away doing nothing except prevent you from selecting any of the playback keys or even choose another album/track.

Volume is kinda low even on max.

Not an auspicious start that’s for sure.

I’ll keep trying
    Last edited by mikeyb; 11-09-2018 at 15:12.

I'm Grant.

Thats odd mike.. im not getting that in any way. Got excess volume tbh. You got it on wasapi?

My issue is it wont update... most of the wrong titles fix when you scroll down about six tiles then back up.. the ios app is not affected tho. Might have to try switching off your firewall at least temp. I did and fixed issues then made a new exception to let stuff through. Works ok that way now...for now.
    Sure they will fix it soon.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast