+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Speaker Storage (the Unknown?)

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by meBob View Post
    Yep,

This was one where reason, logic and instinct all met in the middle and gave a thumbs down.
    Sorry if I wasn't clear, I was referring to the Kefs.

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

I'm Rob.

Hello Lawrence001,

You've given me an anxiety attack now!

The foams feels uniform I can't find any weak or soft spots.

The previous owner said he's had the crossovers done and listening to one of those Youtube audio frequency sound files everything sounds ok.
    Last edited by meBob; 26-08-2018 at 00:49.

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by meBob View Post
    Hello Lawrence001,

You've given me an anxiety attach now!

The foams feels uniform I can't find any weak or soft spots.

The previous owner said he's had the crossovers done and listening to one of those Youtube audio frequency sound files everything sounds ok.
    Sorry didn't mean to! What model are they? the rot only affects certain models of 103/4/5/7 with internal bass drivers, if they are fixed to the baffle on the outside them they're fine!

I'm Rob.

The Kefs are 103.2s

I've just listened to Pink Floyds' Dark Side of The Moon live, the air between instruments/vocals is superb, there's cripsness to everything delivered with real thump.

I think any issues I may have are probably synergy ones. When I turn the volume up and move back away from the speakers I start smiling as above.

The speakers are either side of a desk I often sit at while on the PC, I'm thinking also maybe my setup isn't conducive to this near field listening.

I'm Grant.

Nope they will improve from a wider space all round if possible
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Rob.

I'm now having terrifying visions of having to rearrange my furniture, this would probably expose collections of dust deposited over many a decade with new life forms unknown to science within.

I agree things could be improved, it's way too cramped the space my speakers are in.

It will happen on one of those days were my energy and optimism levels are both miraculously above normal (and I'm not hung over from the night before).

I'm Lawrence.

You're ok, it was the 103.3 and 103.4 that had the foam rot issue. Set aside an hour or two to sort it all out, once you finally do it, it's much quicker than you think

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12