+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Old Commodore supply any good??

I'm Craig.

Default Old Commodore supply any good??

I was in my mums garage and came across this old Commodore transformer and was wondering if it would be any good acting as a supply for my caiman seg and i am looking for opinions if it's worth giving it a try? : )

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I'm Lawrence.

It's designed to run multiple voltages at the same time, and 12v up to 1A, what does the SEG require? The psu might output more if the other voltages aren't being used, but personally I'd rather not take a chance and just use a dedicated 12v-15v regulated psu e.g.my budget Maplin one.

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Lawrence001; 23-08-2018 at 20:42.

I'm Alan.

My guess is it is one linear voltage rail and two switch mode converters on that pcb.

If the linear votage is the 12V output then it is probably usable.
    Can you read the part numbers on the 3 devices bolted to the heatsink, it may give more clues.

I'm Craig.

I can open up again and take a look and get back to you. I am in two minds and also am considering buying a lead battery tomorrow on the way home from work. I use the dac for all duties and am looking to get the best from it although it is good as it is with its current 15v dc supply.I am just wondering if I can better what I have? : )

I'm Craig.

All set up adjusted the voltage but can only adjust it to 13v internally. Its early days but sounds very good from first impressions. : )

+ Reply to Thread