+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Rega Planar 2

I'm Geoff.

Considering that the Regas are about the simplest TT's around, it always surprises me how good they can sound, although I have to say, I'm not keen on Rega arms. Strangely (or maybe not), they seem to give their best on Rega turntables. I've tried them on Techies and other decks and been dissatisfied with the sound.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Considering that the Regas are about the simplest TT's around, it always surprises me how good they can sound, although I have to say, I'm not keen on Rega arms. Strangely (or maybe not), they seem to give their best on Rega turntables. I've tried them on Techies and other decks and been dissatisfied with the sound.
    Absolutely right Geoff there is nothing more simple than a Rega deck, i've been upgrading mine on and off for the last year or so and for my ears right now it's sounding very nice indeed, as i said the biggest improvement in sound came when i decoupled the motor from the plinth, the next big thing will be a new Audiomods series 5 arm for Christmas and maybe a delrin platter next month, after the arms changed then i think it'll be time for a new cartridge.

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm Geoff.

I tried a Mission 774 on a Planar 2 and it sounded superb. Way ahead of the RB250 and modified RB300 I had used. It was like opening a pair of curtains between me and the music. And that's not hyperbole, it's really the impression I got from the change.

Mind you, once you've modified the turntable to accept the Mission arm, you can't refit the Rega arm unless you're a bit handy and creative.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post

Mind you, once you've modified the turntable to accept the Mission arm, you can't refit the Rega arm unless you're a bit handy and creative.
    A bit of old kitchen worktop cut to size and hey presto you have a new plinth

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234