+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Speaker and Amplifier Supermodels- nominate your choice for "most beautiful"

I'm Rohan.

Default Speaker and Amplifier Supermodels- nominate your choice for "most beautiful"

Hi Everyone,

This is simple and a bit of fun too. It also has a more serious purpose. Art and objective performance measurements can go together; we all, I am sure, prefer this than one or the other alone.

There are no limits here- it is all in the eye of the beholder after all. So obvious things like Sonus Fabers can sit quite comfortably next to less obvious thoughts. Someone's IMF TLS80 may be their Gigi Hadid or Chris Hemsworth (despite others feeling it's more of a Les Dawson...)

I think appreciation, lust, and disgust should all be encouraged! We're all big and ugly enough to agree or disagree- all human life is here!

I'm Adam.

Best looking speakers have to be B&O Beolab 8000s - a true design classic IMHO.

Amplifiers are a bit trickier but the old Lecson AC1/AP1 must be in the running.
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post

Amplifiers are a bit trickier but the old Lecson AC1/AP1 must be in the running.
    Hmm. Distinctive is the word that springs to mind for me.

I think some of the older Luxman amplifiers are beautiful.

I'm John.

Amps: Anything by MasterSound, infact any Italian amp, coz them buggers seem to know a thing or two about aesthetics.
    Speakers: Usher in their walnut veneer finish, love the look and feel of my Mini Dancer2 Diamond DMDs.

I'm Mark.

My favourite amp for both sound and beauty: Shindo Cortese F2a. Must have been ‘off my head’ when I sold it! Speakers, got to be Audio Note.
    Last edited by Sixty2; 22-08-2018 at 14:28.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixty2 View Post
    My favourite amp for both sound and beauty: Shindo Cortese F2a. Must have been ‘off my head’ when I sold it! Speakers, got to be Audio Note.
    We saw some Audio Note speakers at Cranage a few weeks ago - Mrs. Pony thought they looked like SpongeBob SquarePants. For me it has to be Yamaha's NS1000M, seriously cool, handsome and purposeful. I also like the look of the Mastersound amps.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Mark.

Yeh, SpongeBob SquarePants do come in ‘Beautiful’.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Barry

I'm Steve.

I sensed there was something missing. C'mon guys, I have a valid reason for not posting pics (I'm thick). What's your excuse?
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Rohan.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    31bf17ea-a940-11e5-95c2-64edf2a9ee48.jpg

They are quite elegant and have a "speaker as pure design" look to them.
    For me, I like a speaker to resemble a speaker somewhat more, in the traditional sense. I do admire designs like this and the Devialet Phantom, for example. Such designs are often innovative, in terms of the required technology to achieve the striking looks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast