+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Delrin Platter

I'm Deleted.

Ah, that clears that up then.

Actually, now I think about it, I’m sure I’ve seen pictures of the V with a black platter that could well be Delrin, also a white platter (Delrin is also available in white).
    Account Deleted

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    £300 for a platter is peanuts (i appreciate its a lot of money), try looking a Garrard 301 platter easily £800 on ebay. Mental mental chicken oriental if you ask me!!
    £300 for a piece of machined plastic for want of a better word isn't cheap in my books, anything to do with hifi and especially TT's seems to carry a premium price nowadays though

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm Mike.

Thanks for the advice and insight guys

I'm Nari.

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    Ah, that clears that up then.

Actually, now I think about it, I’m sure I’ve seen pictures of the V with a black platter that could well be Delrin, also a white platter (Delrin is also available in white).
    The Rock V was produced originally with a black Delrin platter and the production turntables were a white HDPE, my friend had a black delrin platter machined. I have heard both the black delrin and the white Hdpe the sound is very different in this application. The Delrin was richer and fuller with a deep bass the Hdpe was obviously thinner and lighter.
    Most important and used Walker Black Diamond Etsuro Gold, Micro Seiki 8000mk2 Kondo special V12 Tiger Eye, Fidelity Research FR 66 Shindo spu, EMT 927, sme 312 aluminium. Fidelity research fr66, Sme 3012 mk1, Sme V, Ikeda 407 IT Sme Model 30/2/Dynavector 507 Kodo Beat Turntable Airtangent 10B modified Fidelity fr66s Etsuro Cartridge . Kondo Gakuoh Mk1 powers G70 Pre,Audio Tekne TFA-8695PCS pre Audio Tekne TEA 8695 Phono. Lfd Battery Phono Stage heavily custom rebuilt by Dr Richard Bews, Tharx Phono Stage. Lfd Master Dual Biamp power amp, Lfd Anniversary master preamp. Shindo Latour Field Coil. Rockport Cygnus Biamped, Voigt Domestic Corner Horns/ Feastex Fildcoils. LFD Custom silver Ribbons. LFD Diamond Vipor Mk2 interconnects, Lfd Golden Cobra interconnect. Koetsu blue lace mono special order, Koetsu burma jade mono special order.

I'm Neil.

My concern is that turntables are a finely balanced design with all sorts of factors blended into the design, so replacing a plater on a design that may be a very fine balance could see that new element throw the design so far out of wack it destroys the sound, performance.

Frankly I think you should sell the TT and use that cash + the £300 to buy a new turntable, plenty of options out there both new and on the used market.
    Regards Neil

I'm Barrington.

From experience, I would start with the Subplatter, it will have a more significant impact on improving the quality of sound. Tangospinner or Michael Limm are cheaper than Grovetracer. That being said, Groovetracer's engineering is of the highest order.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by mayebaza View Post
    From experience, I would start with the Subplatter, it will have a more significant impact on improving the quality of sound. Tangospinner or Michael Limm are cheaper than Grovetracer. That being said, Groovetracer's engineering is of the highest order.
    Already upgraded the subplatter to a Fidelity Designs model i'm very pleased with it, i've also upgraded the pulley to a twin belt design, the only thing left on the deck that's original is the plinth and baring and i was advised by Jonny from Audio Origami not to bother changing the baring as the Rega stock offering was just about as good as you can get, so far the upgrades have improved things, so i don't see the point in selling and starting again

I'm Barrington.

I did upgrade my brass bearing to ceramic one and bearing. Using two rubber grometts as insulating sleeving. This also was a significant upgrade to the original in my experience.

There's a lot you can do to an Rega Planar 3.... Behold the Bazbo III!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I'm Deleted.

Excellent .
    Account Deleted

I'm Deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Vrajbasi View Post
    The Rock V was produced originally with a black Delrin platter and the production turntables were a white HDPE, my friend had a black delrin platter machined. I have heard both the black delrin and the white Hdpe the sound is very different in this application. The Delrin was richer and fuller with a deep bass the Hdpe was obviously thinner and lighter.
    Many thanks, very interesting.
    Account Deleted

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast