+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cyrus 781 Speakers

I'm Dan.

Default Cyrus 781 Speakers

Hi Guys

I have an opportunity to buy a pair of Cyrus 781 Speakers plus stands - Plus the Cyrus cables - Any reviews from owners here and do they match any amplifier or must they be run by Cyrus gear? all items are £80 the stands are real solid look lovely but interested in thoughts from the forum cables alone are worth £45 so at a guess all is worth it?

Got to wait for them to be PAT tested cant reserve and cant even put a deposit down if i wanted to blood charity shops i know they must test but does it really apply to speakers? Now a waiting game first come first served basis so i had a migraine last night looking forward to buying them today they are on shop floor with a price tag on but they cant sell them to me something amiss

Thank you
    Receiver
    Marantz 2225
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Marantz 6005 , Beresford Caiman , Paul Hynes SR4
    Turntable
    KAM DDX 1000 with Goldring G800 Cartridge
    Loudspeakers
    Mordaunt Short M10

I'm Gary.

I believe the only things that need PAT testing, are devices with a plug that can be inserted into an electrical socket ie mains voltage.

To think you need PAT testing for other devices seems ludicrous!

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by dantheman91 View Post
    Hi Guys

I have an opportunity to buy a pair of Cyrus 781 Speakers plus stands - Plus the Cyrus cables - Any reviews from owners here and do they match any amplifier or must they be run by Cyrus gear? all items are £80 the stands are real solid look lovely but interested in thoughts from the forum cables alone are worth £45 so at a guess all is worth it?

Got to wait for them to be PAT tested cant reserve and cant even put a deposit down if i wanted to blood charity shops i know they must test but does it really apply to speakers? Now a waiting game first come first served basis so i had a migraine last night looking forward to buying them today they are on shop floor with a price tag on but they cant sell them to me something amiss

Thank you
    It is easier to seek forgiveness than to ask permission

Rules are meant for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men

I'm Grant.

yup, if it plugs into mains it needs pat tested.(i take it these dont have an amp in them) it doesnt otherwise. the guy must be a jobsworth.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Adam.

They are normal passive speakers so can be run from any amplifier.

As to the PAT testing, as has been said, they have no mains connection so do not need PAT testing.
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Grant.

i wonder if he pat tests trousers
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dan.

Hi Guys

I am going to back back and try to buy them today some persuasion maybe in order LOL..

Update thread in due course
    Receiver
    Marantz 2225
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Turntable
    Loudspeakers
    Mordaunt Short M10

I'm Dan.

Still a no go and have to wait 2 weeks now something deffo not right i think they are keeping them for somebody...
    Receiver
    Marantz 2225
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Turntable
    Loudspeakers
    Mordaunt Short M10

I'm Lawrence.

At the end of the day they are pretty average speakers so I wouldn't waste any time worrying about them. Not bad at all, just not great either.

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

I'm Dan.

Hi

Got my eye on a pair Tannoy 10 inch DC's from the 80's
    Last edited by dantheman91; 22-08-2018 at 11:23.
    Receiver
    Marantz 2225
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Turntable
    Loudspeakers
    Mordaunt Short M10

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by dantheman91 View Post
    Hi

Got my eye on a pair 10" Tannoys