+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alan Brownstone RIP

I'm Lee.

Very sad news, Alan was a true gentleman, he was the guy that got me on the road to ruin with valve rolling, we spent many a happy hour or two rolling valves back in the day

RIP Alan
    Vinyl rig 1 - NAS Spacedeck / FR64s / Lab 12 Melto / Denon SUT / Ortofon GM SPU. Vinyl rig 2 Mono Set Up - Lenco GL75 c/w Jelco 750D / AT33 Mono / EAR 834P Modded. Amplifiers - Audio Note Empress Silver / Hattor Passive Pre. Digital - Fanless Mini PC / Lampizator TRP / Linear PSU / Hummingboard Network audio adaptor. Speakers - Horns.pl Mummy's. Cables are Audio Note / Albedo / Furutech Speaker wire. Power conditioner is a Gigawatt PC2 EVO

I'm gone.

For anyone who would like to attend and pay "last respects" to Alan, the funeral details are as follows --

4th September at 11.40am at Stourbridge Crematorium, South Road DY8 3RQ.

Followed by an informal gathering and drink in celebration of Alan's life at H Porter & Sons, Old Church House, 60 South Road DY8 3UJ.

Alan's daughter, Andra, says that anyone who knew Alan is welcome to attend and will be made most welcome!
    Last edited by jandl100; 23-08-2018 at 07:12.

I'm Tony.

As you say Alan was a decent human being met him a few times, even repaired a couple of items for him over the years, he came to see back in 2006 when we were in Malvern.

Best wishes to the family
    Coherent Systems
    Real high end sound with musicality not hifi

I'm Steve.

Oh no,no,no. I can't believe this. I've been to Alan's and he's been to mine a couple of times. We regularly email and text about hifi and football. I'm gutted.
    RIP Alan. One if the nicest fellas I've ever met, even though you were a West Ham fan. I'll think about you lots over the next few months Al. Sleep well old chum.
    Gutted.

I'm gone.

It has been suggested to me that it would be a nice idea if a few of Alan's "audio buddies" got together and sent some flowers to the funeral.
    I think it's a great idea, especially as it looks like I won't be able to attend the funeral.

Interflora seem to provide a good service for this type of thing.
    https://www.interflora.co.uk/categor...iAAEgLDPvD_BwE
    For £45 or £50 a nice looking floral arrangement can be delivered to the funeral parlour.

If anyone has suggestions for suitable wording for the accompanying card I would be very grateful!

I will co-ordinate this.
    If anyone would like to contribute to this please PM me and I will give you details of how to provide funds.

Any excess monies will be donated to a charity - I will get in contact with Alan's daughter and ask her views on a suitable charity.

montesquieu Guest

Very nice idea Jerry and count me in as discussed.

I'm Neil.

I didn't know Alan, but its sad when anyone passes. Condolences to family and friends. Sounds like a nice guy.
    Regards Neil

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12