+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Insuring your gear

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ian View Post
    I would look at what the single item limit is too, the policy says they wont pay out more than the single item limit for any single item ( and I guess they will apply those to sets to). High end gear inclusing TVs could easily be over this level. I was looking at OLED TVs in a depatment store in China a few weeks ago and some were like £9000!
    Just spent an hour or so checking small print and talking to Barclays.

I don't have to list as single items any of the hifi or home cinema, they are not defined as valuables so there isn't a limit on value and do not require listing.

Confirmed twice with different contacts and I have a recording of the conversations. Price confirmed.

Gary
    It is easier to seek forgiveness than to ask permission

Rules are meant for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men

I'm Mike.

Having been with Barclays some years ago, they might only do contents cover up to, say, £75K or £100K. Assuming that is an adequate cover for ALL your possessions on a new for old basis, then fine. Does this cover software (records, CDs etc.)? It may be that Barclays now do an upgraded cover well above the £100K, in which case I'd be interested, as I bank with them.

Depending on the premium they charge, John Lewis's no limit cover does still appeal.

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Reed View Post
    Having been with Barclays some years ago, they might only do contents cover up to, say, £75K or £100K. Assuming that is an adequate cover for ALL your possessions on a new for old basis, then fine. Does this cover software (records, CDs etc.)? It may be that Barclays now do an upgraded cover well above the £100K, in which case I'd be interested, as I bank with them.

Depending on the premium they charge, John Lewis's no limit cover does still appeal.
    Firstly may I say I don't work for Barclays, but their offer which I've taken up is good.
    My policy with them is contents only, ANY item not defined as valuables are covered in the unlimited value.

So for me, in the area I live, no limit cover is £204 per annum.

Gary

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder5 View Post
    Firstly may I say I don't work for Barclays, but their offer which I've taken up is good.
    My policy with them is contents only, ANY item not defined as valuables are covered in the unlimited value.

So for me, in the area I live, no limit cover is £204 per annum.

Gary
    I didn't work for Barclays, have simply banked with them for yonks. Yours sounds like a good deal; mine is a £100 more, but includes buildings. Of course, premiums depend upon area as much as anything else. Nice to know that Barclays are now offering unlimited contents cover; I shall contact them if my J.L. premium goes up too much early next year.

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Reed View Post
    I didn't work for Barclays, have simply banked with them for yonks. Yours sounds like a good deal; mine is a £100 more, but includes buildings. Of course, premiums depend upon area as much as anything else. Nice to know that Barclays are now offering unlimited contents cover; I shall contact them if my J.L. premium goes up too much early next year.
    Sorry didn't mean to imply you did, just that I seem to be plugging Barclays.

Gary

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234