+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Insuring your gear

I'm Mike.

Talking to L&V they would increase total value for no extra - good

Must have a pukka burglar alarm and probably with yearly maintenance.
    Looks like just under £1000 and at least £100 a year.
    Better to sell my old gear.

Don't want a burglar alarm and will do a lot to avoid it
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Mike.

My unlimited buildings and contents cover is a little over £300 annually. I do live in a 'good' insurance area, so that might be why, but different underwriters are geared up to different risks, which is why they differ so much. As I mentioned before, try John Lewis and others, like Aviva etc.

I'm Mike.

I will punt around next renewal
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Phil.

I was using a broker to get my Aviva contents and then went direct which was about 25% of the price. I was shocked and I live in a very high risk area
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Mike.

Must be a company that will give me what I want
    Aviva might be the one

Mike

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Reed View Post
    My unlimited buildings and contents cover is a little over £300 annually. I do live in a 'good' insurance area, so that might be why, but different underwriters are geared up to different risks, which is why they differ so much. As I mentioned before, try John Lewis and others, like Aviva etc.
    Thank Mike!

Based on your recommendation, I have just renewed buildings and contents insurance with John Lewis. Previously I had insured through my bank, but John Lewis are offering greater coverage for a lower premium. I've saved £200 - thanks again Mike!
    Barry

I'm Ian.

I just moved from john Lewis to M&S. Single item cover with m&s has increased, cant remember what it is but it's ok for most

I'm Gary.

Just been quoted for next 12 months by Barclays, unlimited household content at £204 pa. I'm just checking the small print but appears to include hifi up to that (no) limit!
    It is easier to seek forgiveness than to ask permission

Rules are meant for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men

I'm Ian.

I would look at what the single item limit is too, the policy says they wont pay out more than the single item limit for any single item ( and I guess they will apply those to sets to). High end gear inclusing TVs could easily be over this level. I was looking at OLED TVs in a depatment store in China a few weeks ago and some were like £9000!

I'm Rich.

After working for Direct line for a couple of years I switched my cover to them. The policy is excellent. As long as my total contents are less than 50k I only have to specify valuables (jewelry, watches, art, stamps, coins and so on) Even then, only if they are worth more than 2k for any single item/collection. and not more than 15k in total. So my hifi and records are covered automatically in my contents without having to tell them about them. Accidental damage cover is optional, but I do include it on my policy as it's essential in my opinion.

I pay something like £6 a month for my contents cover.

I know people have a very poor opinion of insurance companies, but I have to say that after having worked for them the policy is great and the customers came first whenever possible. We did get the odd policy holder that just didn't understand the concept of insurance or elements of the cover, and some people are never going to be happy whatever you offer. And not a lot can be done in cases like that, but the vast majority of customers were well looked after and happy with the service.

Clearaudio Emotion with Clearaudio Performer cart
    Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali
    Van Damme I/Cs and cables

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast