+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: For Sale - Musical Fidelity Titan Reference Power Amplifiers

I'm Tim.

Default For Sale - Musical Fidelity Titan Reference Power Amplifiers

A house move means my Boulder, Titan, Revel Salon system is going to be relegated to the TV room, so of course it doesn't warrant keeping.

Only 40 amplifiers ever made they are a collectors piece, I haven't seen a set for sale before.
    I bought the amps power amps c.5 years ago as an open box but never played.
    They wiped the floor with the Boulder power amps I had at the time. One of the quietest power amps ever made, you won't hear a better power amp below £50-£60k, and even above this price point the amps I have auditioned were different rather than better.

They are immaculate in every way, without any scratches, scores or dents. The only issue is that the rear two mesh grills (on both amps) have discoloured from the sunlight (they have gone to a colour between black and brass). Taking the lid off, popping them out and some matt black spray would easily sort this but I don't want to open them up.

They come with all original packaging, boxes, paperwork etc.

£8500 including shipping but I will have a look at reasonable offers.

I would also a swap for a valve preamp of similar cost and quality for my valve system.....WHY?

Reviews:

https://www.soundstageultra.com/inde...=article&id=54

https://www.hifinews.co.uk/news/arti...und;20000/9441

http://www.audiodrom.net/en/componen...fidelity-titan

https://www.stereophile.com/content/...plifier-page-3

Specs:
    Solid-state, two-channel, fully balanced power amplifier with stand alone power supply.
    Maximum power output: 1kWpc into 8 ohms (30dBW), 2kWpc into 4 ohms (30dBW), 4kWpc into 2 ohms.
    THD+noise: <0.008%, 20Hz–20kHz.
    Signal/noise: >126dB, A-weighted.
    Maximum output voltage: 90V RMS, 20Hz–20kHz; 254 peak–peak. Peak output current: limited to 100A peak–peak.
    Frequency response: 20Hz–40kHz,–0.5dB. Input impedance: 100k ohms (balanced, unbalanced).
    Input sensitivity for full power out into 8 ohms: 3V.
    Damping factor: 250.
    Dimensions: Amplifier: 19" (483mm) W by 7.3" (185mm) H by 25" (635mm) D. Weight: 99 lbs (45kg).
    Power supply: 19" (483mm) W by 7.3" (185mm) H by 24.5" (615mm) D. Weight: 150 lbs (68kg).

I'm Richie.

What a beast

I'm Lawrence.

How did I not know these existed??

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

I'm Vince.

These are things of beauty and I wish my numbers would come up on the lottery. I can only imagine how good they must sound. Some one is in for a real treat. Glws

I'm Neil.

what else are you thinking of moving on Tim?
    Regards Neil

I'm Tim.

Hi Neill
    The Salon 2’s after the Titans and then probably the Boulder dac after that....

I'm Vince.

You have got the one amp and one power supply for sale haven't you. Not 2 of each. Cheers, Vince

I'm Tim.

Yes they come as a pair but not in the traditional monoblocks style of one amp per speaker.
    Here they have put all the noisy power related stuff in one box, then the pure power is fed to the other box that contains all the delicate stuff. You have 4 sets of binding posts so you can run 4 sets of cables to your speakers if you wish.

I've never had the lid off but here's a couple of stock photos, they don't do them justice though as you don' get the scale of the amps. I would say those transformers are the size of a dinner plate...possibly larger....

I'm Vince.

Thanks for that, I was in a bit of disagreement with another member who thought there was 2 of each. I thought I was right, and have read the reviews of them. I own a Musical Fidelity AMS 35I and I love it. But yours...........that's a different story. I really hope you get the full asking price, I would give it to you in a heart beat, if I had it. As far as I can see, at the asking price, it is a absolute bargain bargain. Glws, Vince.
    Last edited by Vince; 20-08-2018 at 19:33.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetiminator View Post
    Hi Neill
    The Salon 2’s after the Titans and then probably the Boulder dac after that....
    Which Boulder DAC Tim?
    Regards Neil

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast