Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
I'm sure they sound wonderful, but they are unoriginal. The dual concentric upper driver has been fitted with what looks like SRM10B or HPD 295 8 cones and the acoustic lens is missing. As I mentioned earlier, I suspected original parts were unobtainable. No doubt an 'expert' has found something else that can be persuaded to fit.

The original cones had thin flat foam surrounds, not thicker roll surrounds and the speaker looked like this.

Ah ha, you may well be correct about the flat surrounds (although I no longer have these speakers). However, looking on the inter-web, I have only ever seen this type of flat surround on one pair of Windsors (ever) “Perhaps a very early model”, all the others have the roll type surrounds.

Still, I will be convinced about what you say, as your deemed as being a bit of a Tannoy aficionado.

Just to end, the Acoustic lenses weren’t missing, I took them off as they didn’t suit my room Acoustics and forgot to put them back on before talking the photos.

The new owner has them in his possession and will use them if he so chooses.

Even so, they sounded just fine and would recommend them against any vintage ‘T’ currently still out there!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk