+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why would you?

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    You'd like their clock then

https://www.mcintoshlabs.com/product...McIntosh-Clock

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk
    Oh Christ, I wish you hadn’t shown me that...
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    Oh Christ, I wish you hadn’t shown me that...
    I remember Matron saying that.

I'm Ian.

I've found a less expensive one....

[IMG][/IMG]
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands
    Cables
    Mogami with Rean Neutrik plugs/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 AA

I'm Geoff.

Quality!.........not.

I'm Steve.

I would wait for one to come up secondhand - new ones are just too dear, even though LED technology has become increasingly affordable for your average Joe. Just look at LED tellies - started out costing thousands, now a decent one can be had for 300 quid or less.

And over time the LED (sorry, direct LED) backlighting will save you money compared to ones using a bulb. When I installed an LED security light to replace the old halogen jobbie, the savings were immediate and obvious - plummeting from 5p a year to less than a penny.

So that's why I would.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    There’s actually nothing about McIntosh gear that appeals to me; I hate the font, I really don’t like the overall styling of anything they do and I don’t like the sound either. However, some people absolutely LOVE all the stuff I find so offputing.
    But they've got pretty blue meters that serve no purpose at all (except distract). Even their turntable has a pretty blue meter to tell you what the speed is (as if you couldn't tell by listening)!

But apart from that, I agree with what you have written.
    Barry

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I don't think I've got any hi-fi company merchandise at all. Pretty poor show. Quite fancy a Tannoy ashtray although I'm guessing they don't make them anymore. I've got a Zildjian T-shirt somewhere but I suppose that's from the wrong side of the microphone.
    hifi_dave of this parish kindly gave me a Mark Levinson polo shirt, which I do like wearing. And I'm tempted by a Nagra T-shirt, save I don't really look good wearing T-shirts.

Considering the amount of Quad gear I have, I'm surprised I haven't got a Quad sweatshirt or similar; but I don't think Quad had any made - it would have been somewhat infra dig for them to do so.
    Barry

I'm Geoff.

I have an Amstrad teeshirt, I keep it next to my Bose one.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    But they've got pretty blue meters that serve no purpose at all (except distract).
    I dislike meters. Probably because of the reason some like them. Hi-Fi with meters is a bit like bathrooms with gold taps. And yes, I am a grumpy old git. So there!!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    There’s actually nothing about McIntosh gear that appeals to me; I hate the font, I really don’t like the overall styling of anything they do and I don’t like the sound either. However, some people absolutely LOVE all the stuff I find so offputing.
    If Gomez Addams Had been into Hi-Fi in the sixties it would have looked like McIntosh gear.

And I find people who have merchandise to be a bunch of posers, like the guy with the Ferrari key fob. Sad. Having said that, I do possess a Richer Sounds mug.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast