+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Caimen SEG compatability

I'm Andy.

Default Caimen SEG compatability

Hi, looking for some advice regarding compatibility of the Caimen SEG and the latest Rega Brio amp? Seen a few posts on here stating that they are possibly not a good match which is a real pity as ideally wanted the Caiman. If they are not compatible can anyone suggest an alternative in similar price range new or second hand? Don't have the budget for a Rega DAC R but would consider a second hand one if anyone has one to sell. Thanks Andy

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Tmltech View Post
    Hi, looking for some advice regarding compatibility of the Caimen SEG and the latest Rega Brio amp? Seen a few posts on here stating that they are possibly not a good match which is a real pity as ideally wanted the Caiman. If they are not compatible can anyone suggest an alternative in similar price range new or second hand? Don't have the budget for a Rega DAC R but would consider a second hand one if anyone has one to sell. Thanks Andy
    Don’t know where you’ve read that, I’ve never seen anything mentioning regarding a poor match?

A link to the threads might help us pinpoint any issues, I find it strange that the SEG or the Rega would cause any issues together ?

I am just as puzzled as to where this story comes from. I am only aware of the 2007 Brio with its 70K ohms input impedance causing loss of signal strength due to the incorrect impedance matching. That affected the Bushmaster and the Caiman MKII. Line inputs normally have an input impedance of 47K.
    Anyhow, that's how wild rumours start. I reckon in ten years time someone will suggest that the 2027 Brio is not compatible with the Caiman MKIV according to a thread posted on AoS around 2011.

I'm Andy.

Thank you for your replies I actually read this on these forums, hence why I'm asking. However as you have responded Stan verifying there are no issues more than happy to order one. Could I collect from London (during working hours) as I am regularly in London? I believe there maybe also a discount for members on here how is that applied please? I could also pay (cash)on collection if you prefer? All the best Andy

+ Reply to Thread