+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What feet do you use under your speakers ?

I'm mick.

Bell jar bungs used in home brewing work as good as anything and they are cheap.Even tapered to be aesthetically pleasing in the modern home Mick
    Nothin' I do don't seem to work ,it only seems to make matters worse!. Jagger/Richards

I'm Adam.

I'm using the small rubber feet that came stuck to the bottom of the speakers. Given the speakers weight 132kg each, I'm not in any hurry to experiiment with any others!
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardlon View Post
    +1

in fact + 100
    +101 no brainer they are excellent and dont cost daft money. Wouldnt be without them.
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Neil.

My speakers are bolted to their stands, the stand floor bases are decoupled using Bright Star IsoNodes. So much better than using spikes.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Brian.

Thanks for the suggestions gents
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm brian.

Have a look at Something Solid missing link feet as well Brian, sold by those good people at deco audio. They may seem a bit expensive but they really open up the sound and in
    my system made quite a difference. Best to look at pics on there website but basically the spike is suspended and not touching ground at all. best wishes B

I'm Alex.

I use Shepherds 2" castors on my equipment rack and speaker stands which has no detrimental effect on the sound quality and makes things a lot easier when having to move them around for floor hoovering

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueflash View Post
    I use Shepherds 2" castors on my equipment rack and speaker stands which has no detrimental effect on the sound quality and makes things a lot easier when having to move them around for floor hoovering
    That's a good idea. I'm going to have castors on my Tannoys when they eventually get built.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Timothy.

I have used Soundcare Superspikes as well as SD footers, amongst other bits and pieces, gliders, castors, etc. Most to my ears and setup, have seemed to alter things in a very subtle manner, nothing to the OMG kind of thing. Like most things of this nature, experiment and find what you like and stick with it, and then sit back and enjoy your music.
    Holbo TT-Nag 110-Croft phono/Innuos Zen MK2/LinnenberG Telemann DAC-Preamp/LinnenberG Allegro monoblocs/Duevel Venus/LinnenberG Maestro SE-Senn. 660S DH Labs cabling

Croft Series 7 amps, WLM La Scala, Naim Uniti1, Naim Nait XS3, Naim ND5XS2, Guru Junior

I'm Brian.

Yup Timothy , I'm going to try a few of the suggestions posted on this thread and see what transpires
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast