+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bluesound Node 2 or Auralic Aries Mini

I'm Jayson.

Default Bluesound Node 2 or Auralic Aries Mini

Hi all, Can you please give me some thoughts if you have any experience with these 2 music streamers. I currently use my laptop connected to Chord chordette gem via usb. I think the Node2 does’nt have a usb output which is the only way I can connect to the dac. In terms of sound quality which do you think sounds better (I know it’s subjective) but please share your opinion.
    Thanks
    Musical Fidelity AMS 35i / Electrocompaniet EMC 1UP / Transrotor ZET 3 + Konstant M1 Ref. psu / Jelco TK-850S / Hana ML / Bigbottle mk3 phono stage / KEF Reference 3 / Auralic Mini / Chord Qutest / Isotek Aquarius / Sbooster mkII psu

Mains cables: Viablue X40 mains cable + Furutech NCF plugs + SR Orange fuses
    Speaker cables: MIT AVt MA
    Interconnects: MIT AVt MA / MIT Matrix 12 / Zavfino Majestic tonearm cable
    USB:Curious
    Rack: Solid Tech Hybrid
    Accessories: IsoAcoustics Orea Indigo + Bronze / Gaia II / SDS soundeck

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman16 View Post
    Hi all, Can you please give me some thoughts if you have any experience with these 2 music streamers. I currently use my laptop connected to Chord chordette gem via usb. I think the Node2 does’nt have a usb output which is the only way I can connect to the dac. In terms of sound quality which do you think sounds better (I know it’s subjective) but please share your opinion.
    Thanks
    I've just bought the Aries mini and I'm very pleased with it. The lightning DS app works very well and is a doddle to set up. I would think that if you plan to use your existing DAC, the difference in sound quality between the Aries and the Bluesound will be negligible, so it would seem to make sense to go for the one that has the USB output you need and is £50 cheaper...

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman16 View Post
    Thanks
    I had the Bluesound Node2 for a year or so, its internal DAC is OK. Nothing great and a tad hard. It's easy to use and
    the interface is good with iPhone etc. But i wanted to use it to connect to a better DAC in my living room system and alas it had to go for lack to usb out connectivity. I ended up going the Rpi3 LMS route and it worked well.

ps. Actually thinking back, the board burnt out something or other and the SQ started to distort at certain points.
    I returned it to BlueSound who fixed it and returned it. Just thought you should know!
    Last edited by WESTLOWER; 17-08-2018 at 16:00. Reason: added info
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Jayson.

Thanks John and Adam for your input guys. I actually have a Bluesound node2 here which is still sealed and unused. I might aswell sell it and get the Auralic mini to connect to my dac.
    Musical Fidelity AMS 35i / Electrocompaniet EMC 1UP / Transrotor ZET 3 + Konstant M1 Ref. psu / Jelco TK-850S / Hana ML / Bigbottle mk3 phono stage / KEF Reference 3 / Auralic Mini / Chord Qutest / Isotek Aquarius / Sbooster mkII psu

Mains cables: Viablue X40 mains cable + Furutech NCF plugs + SR Orange fuses
    Speaker cables: MIT AVt MA
    Interconnects: MIT AVt MA / MIT Matrix 12 / Zavfino Majestic tonearm cable
    USB:Curious
    Rack: Solid Tech Hybrid
    Accessories: IsoAcoustics Orea Indigo + Bronze / Gaia II / SDS soundeck

I'm Adam.

Wise if you want to use an external DAC
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm John.

Hi Jayson, if you go for the Aries mini I'd be very interested to hear how you find the onboard DAC compared with the Chord.

+ Reply to Thread