+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Uber 1210 required for TT bake-off!

I'm Andrew.

Default Uber 1210 required for TT bake-off!

Hello People.

I am running a TT bake-off on the 10th July. Its just for a laugh and all egos to be left at the door. I'd love to hear an SL1210 with all the mods in my system on the day. Anyone fancy bringing one along? You will be made most welcome.

Here for details:-

http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=78183

Regards

Andrew.
    Last edited by flatpopely; 06-04-2010 at 10:27. Reason: wurdz

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Hi Andrew,

I'll gladly bring mine!

Do you have MM facilty on a phono stage to accommodate my A23 SUT (essential for the 103SA to perform optimally) or will I have to bring my own preamp?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Andrew.

Hi Marco.

I was hoping you would offer! I will sort out a phono stage that can take MM but bring your Pre just in case.

Regards

Andrew

P.S. You may want to book in here unless you don't intend to drink........

http://www.newinnmotel.co.uk/

Hi Mark,

Count me in, then! I'll bring my pre then, as also it's a known variable (to me). I'm not a massive drinker, so will probably just have a couple of beers - no need for a hotel. I'd rather just get back up the road when it's over, even if it is late

Where do you live again? PM me your addy

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

I hope both of you will end up impressed. Andrew's LP12 is something else IMO and way ahead of the fruity sound of ten, let alone twenty years ago...
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

Due to, erm, 'politics' (don't ask!), we've decided to have a mini bake-off between just the two of us and also Mark YNWaN on 30th July, which I'm sure will be lots of fun

Marco.
    Main System

I'm ChrisB.

Politics Marco?
    I can only assume that it was originally planned for the day of the election...........ahem...........

I'm Deleted.

Yes - life is never simple I'm sure it will be a lot of fun though.

Neither Andrew nor myself have used a MM in a long time (an exceedingly long time in my case) - so we will have to see what we can sort out there.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    Andrew's LP12 is something else IMO and way ahead of the fruity sound of ten, let alone twenty years ago...
    That's very kind of you to say so David; I admit that warm, cuddly (opaque) sound is not to my taste at all (although some LP12 fans still seem to cling to it).
    Account Deleted

Wink

This will be like comparing apples to bananas. A SL-1200 with SME 309 and OC9 would be much better to compare. Otherwise they will sound different and no comparison could be made?

Or why not add a SME 20 as well?

Dave

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Dave, have you heard Andrew's needle drops? possibly closer than you may think except for the possibly slightly softer or less "obvious" 103 treble (and I'm not criticising this at all!). The EsCo rebuild really does seem to have breathed new life into the old Troika IMO..

Marco, what other cartridges do you have, or can you borrow an OC9 or 33PTG for the bakeoff, or better still, an SME309/OC9 as dave suggests? Not that you'd want to do this, but a Troika sounds grand in a 309 and SME supplied us with a three-hole headshell for the purpose...
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast