+ Reply to Thread

Thread: my system

Default my system

Hi all

after lurking around for so long, thought i would actually try and contribute

Krell HTS 7.1 processor
    Krell HTS 5 channel
    Krell fpb350mcx monoblocks
    Arcam dv 29
    Consonance Tube SACD player
    Bel Canto Dac3
    B&W 802D
    B&W htm1 center
    B&W 805s surrounds
    B&W 601s2 rear back
    B&W 850 sub
    panamax 5510
    LG 60" Plasma

eveything is cabled with a small boutique maker named Raymond cable, speaker are 9 gauge bi-wire, copper with gold coating, mids are silver with gold coating,

i will add more detail soon, also these pics are older, room has changed a bit, the most notable change is a very stunning 18 century complete suit of Samurai armor

it really helps with the soundfield, haha

all the possible tweaks bordering on insanity, including nos mullards in the sacd

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/j...z/DSC00249.jpg

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/j...z/DSC00248.jpg

Couple New pics
    http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/j...rtholz/009.jpg

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/j...rtholz/003.jpg
    Last edited by Kurt-Holz; 01-06-2008 at 04:47. Reason: add pictures

Nice looking system. Judge Judy fan, eh???

haha

i knew that old pic would bite me again

actually i was on the computer, went into the room while my wife was watching TV and took the pic

i think that story would hold up in court

:-)

Hi all

I have established alpha male, the Judge Judy pics in HD on the front pics of my system is now replaced with BOND, James Bond on the set, haha

of possible interest, i added an early 18th century pic of my rear room sound tweak, an original suit of Samurai armor

just thought it might be of interest

regards

Kurt

Nice Kurt. Nothing against Judge Judy but I just don't associate her with Hi-Fi - ha!

So where did you pick up the Samurai armor???

Hey Baja

I collect Japanese swords and armor, i actually had a very busy website for many years, i decided to shut it down a few months ago, most of my clients already know me well enough they prefer there purchases to remain private, i have some really nice contacts and i have done some consulting for Sotheby's and Christies in the past, so I'm pretty dialed in, Nihonto is a very small circle of collectors, unlike audio

No Japanese swords at best buy, haha

seriously

don't get interested in it, seriously worse hobby than audio

money wise and choice wise that is, swords date back over 1000 years, Ceramics go back over 2000 years

My sword collection is actually about where i want it to be, my current buying spree is to round out my Ceramic collection,Korean celadon, Chinese ming, and some of the older Japanese pieces really fascinate me

I did get lucky and score an outrageous scroll handwritten from the last Tokugawa Shogun, ( the one depicted in Tom Cruises movie last samurai) that extolls his opinions on how to govern a country, really cool stuff if you into it

also have a few Tokugawa lacquer pieces, with the family mon ( emblem) on them

anyway, guess i better leave the Asian stuff for the Japanese forums

regards

Kurt

+ Reply to Thread