+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Headshell wire terminals

I'm Mike.

some pics of what you're trying to do would help Anto

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm Dave.

There's something wrong here. The AT-95E pins are standard size, so your connectors should just slide on.

Can't you just buy another set of headshell wires ? They can't cost much.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    There's something wrong here. The AT-95E pins are standard size, so your connectors should just slide on.

Can't you just buy another set of headshell wires ? They can't cost much.
    True, i'd have a look on ebay if i was you Anto

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm Anto.

You see , very little clearance between sides of the terminal
    I could buy some bare connectors . They seem very expensive for what they are . I dont envisage using the Aiwa cart that came with the headshell,so making the terminals fit will satisfy me and my pocket
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm Grant.

You can widen them or narrow them. Should be cuts in sides.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Anto.

Well, I am a fixer and a mender /maker here on the farm ,so small stuff just means steadier hands and a magnifying lamp

Held it in the vice and then ran the slitter across the line , bit of a crimp ,and bobs your uncle!!
    Onto the headshell with the old M75-6S , (I have an elliptical diamond I shall use for the 'rougher' end of the collection )

And on she goes !!

I'm Dave.

Thank goodness for that. Can't understand why the connectors didn't fit.

I'm Hal.

I have the same problem, and you can't crimp them down. Utterly frustrating.
    Without music, powerboat racing, photography and a whole stack of other stuff that floats my boat, life is just a non stop procession of deadlines and bills.

I'm Anto.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    Thank goodness for that. Can't understand why the connectors didn't fit.
    Because the Aiwa cart has larger terminal 'pegs' ? and the wires were original Dave . And as the headshell connector ends were smaller than standard sized ones nowadays , it made sense to just change the cart ends one .
    I may take a picture of the 2 carts side by side , but the difference is difficult to spot with the naked eye

I'm Dave.

So, the Aiwa cartridge terminals are larger diameter than normal and the headshell terminals are smaller diameter than normal ?

I have fitted tens of thousands of cartridges into various headshells and arms over my lifetime and never encountered this. Very strange.

I was going to dig out some headshell wires and send them to you but you appear to have done the job and the standard ones I have probably wouldn't fit anyway.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast