+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How do I add TV sound to Raspberry Pi Sreamer

I'm Mel.

Default How do I add TV sound to Raspberry Pi Sreamer

I want to find a way of adding TV sound input to my Pi/DAC/Moode streamer which feeds into a stereo system

My current Pi DAC's don't have any digital input option so I need an alternative.

The JustBoom DAC looks to have a suitable Toslink In but needs and extra power input

https://www.justboom.co/product/justboom-dac/

Does anybody know of an alternative option which removes the need for a second psu - that is a similar DAC which takes its power from the Pi - or are there other options?

Mel

I'm Geoff.

Most new tvs have an optical out facility. Simple matter of feeding this to your dac.

Geoff

I'm John.

If you have a Smart TV it's possible that it may be able to communicate with Moode via UPnP. Never tried myself though.

I'm Mel.

The Tv out is not a problem - the issue is I need a pi dac that has a digital input and can be powered from the pi and these are not so common and I wondered if anyone had done something similar

I'm inactive.

I didn't come across any 'out of the box' solution when I looked for an 'inputting' DAC but, depending on your current RPi set up, you could simply get a micro-usb lead, cut it down to suitable length and connect the power lines to your Pi pin header (pinouts available on line to identify the RPi power pins) and plug into the Justboom card.

You might need to upgrade the PSU to cope with the extra demand but no reason why this wouldn't work provided you have a spare line-in on your amp.

I'm Grant.

Not heard of anything either. Streaming from jriver is possible to volumio audio wise. Guessing a digi input will be rare due to lack of demand
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm inactive.

Incidentally this may be of interest (or too much of a tangent)

This article suggests that you can stream live TV to a RPi if you install Kodi and add an HDHomeRun Networked TV tuner.
    I have an HDHomeRun - good tuner provided you have a strong aerial signal, costs about £100.
    Have not tried to connect with my RPi as I don't have Kodi but may give it a go.

https://mediaexperience.com/raspberr...-with-raspbmc/

... edited to add link to TV Tuner on eBay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SiliconDu...wAAOSwfttbb-OB
    Last edited by mikmas; 13-08-2018 at 14:16. Reason: link

I'm Grant.

Got a sd card with kodi on it...no idea what to do with it tho
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by Cycleallday View Post
    The Tv out is not a problem - the issue is I need a pi dac that has a digital input and can be powered from the pi and these are not so common and I wondered if anyone had done something similar
    Hifiberry digital+ IO should do what you want - optical and coax inputs & outputs. I bought one to try and replace my Pioneer N50 streamer as a front end feeding a Rega DAC, and also need optical in for my TV...haven’t tried it yet though

+ Reply to Thread