+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WANTED: Posh Ethernet Cables

I'm Wolfeschlegelsteinhausenbergerdorff.

Default WANTED: Posh Ethernet Cables

Was looking at purchasing the Supra Cat 8, or Meicord, but through I'd see if anyone has any used ones of those or similar , I prefer to recycle, so does my wallet

Only need 1m runs, shorter might also be possible, drop me a pm if you have anything please!

montesquieu Guest

Are your router/switch/hub/connecting devices all Cat 8 capable? If only one of them isn't isn't (and since the standard is really only in use in the highest performance applications within datacentres, this is not just highly likely, it's almost certain that none of them are) then you are wasting your money buying a Cat 8 cable. It's not as if Cat 6 is any slouch, never mind Cat 7 which can be bought for less than £3 per metre terminated with quality gold plated connectors.

In reality any perceived bottleneck in performance is unlikely to be the patch cable. See below on how to choose a network cable.

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    Are your router/switch/hub/connecting devices all Cat 8 capable? If only one of them isn't isn't (and since the standard is really only in use in the highest performance applications within datacentres, this is not just highly likely, it's almost certain that none of them are) then you are wasting your money buying a Cat 8 cable. It's not as if Cat 6 is any slouch, never mind Cat 7 which can be bought for less than £3 per metre terminated with quality gold plated connectors.

In reality any perceived bottleneck in performance is unlikely to be the patch cable. See below on how to choose a network cable.

Thanks for that info, didn't know that.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'm Wolfeschlegelsteinhausenbergerdorff.

Thanks for the info, just looking for cables rather than getting into a cable thread!

+ Reply to Thread