+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Electric Vehicles - Really?

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    I suppose it would be satisfying to come across a herd of lycra louts on their Sunday run, whizz past to the front of them and slow down to 3mph slower than them while hogging most of the lane.
    Now that made.me smile. Indeed!

The OneWheel is deceptive. I guarantee you you need to be fit to use it for any distance.

You also need to know how to fall well. You learn it pretty quickly as a skateboarder, especially half pipe and bowl riding. Generally on pavements and roads you very rarely come off, and if you do it isn't bad you just demount onto yer feet 95% of the time.

If you are trying silly street Ollie based tricks you come off a lot, but just plain riding around - no.

But the OneWheel really moves. Need to be careful on that mofo.

I'm Mark.

I saw a unicycle at a car boot sale last weekend and was very tempted till I realised there was nowhere to fit my rubber bulb honky-horn. It is a magnificent accessory, a toot in the High Street stops everyone in their tracks and I can clear a crowd on the pavement from 50 yards. Reactions are interesting, ladies usually give me a smile and a laugh as I pass but blokes generally scowl or glare malevolently, I can't help it if the ladies like my cute little horn can I now!

I'm Martin.

Yeah just off the top of my head it seem that they have got something against electric propulsion on bicycles and segways like its all geared up to protecting and charging for petrol driven vehicles. Nice little earner on road tax and petrol etc

I should be able to rig up any motor on my bicycle and zoom along. Its actually the car that needs restricting and they want to free up some proper areas for people to innovate with transport methods.

Cant do this cant do that when it seems to make perfect sense to have all sorts of personal transport methods to suit

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by Minstrel SE View Post
    Yeah just off the top of my head it seem that they have got something against electric propulsion on bicycles and segways like its all geared up to protecting and charging for petrol driven vehicles. Nice little earner on road tax and petrol etc

I should be able to rig up any motor on my bicycle and zoom along. Its actually the car that needs restricting and they want to free up some proper areas for people to innovate with transport methods.

Cant do this cant do that when it seems to make perfect sense to have all sorts of personal transport methods to suit
    Top post Minstrel.

I'm Paul.

And the much coveted road classic will no longer be the E-Type Jag but the Sinclair C5!
    ~Paul~

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalsea View Post
    And the much coveted road classic will no longer be the E-Type Jag but the Sinclair C5!
    Funny that my next door neighbour bought one a few weeks ago. Spent about an hour with him talking about it. It was bust but he has now fixed it.

Retro cool.

You'd be surprised how much a decent one is worth.

I'm Geoff.

The most useful classics are the Land Rover and Honda Cub! (Morris Minor ain't bad either)

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    The most useful classics are the Land Rover and Honda Cub! (Morris Minor ain't bad either)
    Mistaken.

If it has more than two seats, isn't really quick, doesn't handle well, and you can't flip the lid off it, it almost definitely sucks.

I'm Geoff.

Ah, but I no longer seek juvenile thrills .

Usability, simplicity, reliability, ease of maintenance and even economy appeal to me these days. Not interested in 'going fast' anymore. I do not fancy getting busted (yet) again for speeding, so I take it easy now, even though I was one of the worst offenders for burning rubber.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalsea View Post
    The C5 was generally ill conceived. There was a basis of a good idea but it was way ahead of its time and far too small to be safe anywhere near Britains roads. Thats why its just an owners club novelty now

I dont really know the answer and much of Britains road network is designed to handle pre 1950s levels of vehicle users.

We dont really have big open boulevard pavements and you cant travel in style if constantly kerb hopping.

Something along the lines of mobility scooters amd electric bicycles but I still dont see them fitting in with crowded roads

Theres a woman round here that bombs down the road on a mobilty scooter with a dog on a lead running beside her. I feel like calling the RSPCA because it just looks dangerous and the poor dog has to run along at a hell of a pace

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast