+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Electric Vehicles - Really?

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    Have you ever been to Amsterdam? Pedestrians do NOT have right of way.

Seems to work.
    No it doesn't. It's a frickin nightmare that place. You jump to get out of the way of the cyclists and you're right in the path of the tram. One of the most dangerous places I've ever been and I've free climbed in Snowdonia.

No way these things will ever replace a car. Especially when it is raining out. Except maybe that Japanese one that was basically an enclosed tricycle. That looked good on the video but I don't fancy driving it down the A500 in the dark and rain with an artic up my jacksey.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    No it doesn't. It's a frickin nightmare that place. You jump to get out of the way of the cyclists and you're right in the path of the tram. One of the most dangerous places I've ever been and I've free climbed in Snowdonia.

No way these things will ever replace a car. Especially when it is raining out. Except maybe that Japanese one that was basically an enclosed tricycle. That looked good on the video but I don't fancy driving it down the A500 in the dark and rain with an artic up my jacksey.
    Seems to work in favour of the non-pedestrian, I meant.

It is a bit scary as one, as you literally seem to be a target for cyclists should you even get close to a cycle lane. You need to realise they are simply enforcing the rules. Once you have understood that, you get cool to it. And it is no longer an issue.

So are we worried about the speed of electric personal transport?

No valid reason there. Check out this longboard video. No electric crap slowing this dude up:

https://youtu.be/NgMSnFxvzTc

Loads more of the same on the tube.

I'm Grant.

You wouldn't do that on our roads if you were sane. One pothole and your stovies
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Justin.

Nah we've got good bits here and there. As a skate head you are always assessing viable terrain for awesomeness.

I'm Grant.

Default Electric Vehicles - Really?

Nice to know some folks roads are decent. Our roads here a a disgrace even after resurface.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mark.

We should rediscover walking rather than trying to find new ways to waste expensive energy, enormous health benefits and less chance of injury all round. Of course anyone who really needs electrically powered personal transport is an exception

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Co View Post
    We should rediscover walking rather than trying to find new ways to waste expensive energy, enormous health benefits and less chance of injury all round. Of course anyone who really needs electrically powered personal transport is an exception
    To a degree but the range of these vehicles is longer than most are ever prepared to walk. And it is quicker, too.

Need to be realistic here.

People are driving round generally with one person in huge 4 seater cars. That is massively energy inefficient.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    To a degree but the range of these vehicles is longer than most are ever prepared to walk. And it is quicker, too.

Need to be realistic here.

People are driving round generally with one person in huge 4 seater cars. That is massively energy inefficient.
    What would be even more efficient is a society where no-one needs to travel distances very often. One where you can walk to the shops, walk to work, walk to school because it is all within half a mile of your house. Effectively the exact set-up we used to have until they decided to change it all.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

In the future, we don't need horses. We have motorized carriages called "automobiles." .. If everybody's got one of these auto-whats-its, does anybody walk or run any more?
    Of course we run, but for recreation. Fun.
    .................. Run for fun? What the hell kinda fun is that?!
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    What would be even more efficient is a society where no-one needs to travel distances very often. One where you can walk to the shops, walk to work, walk to school because it is all within half a mile of your house. Effectively the exact set-up we used to have until they decided to change it all.
    Yup. Dead right!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast