+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Electric Vehicles - Really?

I'm Adam.

Anyway, a road is simply for travelling from A to B, not for casual unprepared sporting events round every other blind corner.
    Those packs of day glow, testosterone clubs that zoom around the country roads are just plain dangerous.
    Velodromes are where sport cycling belongs.
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    It's not mandatory, but many cyclists do have insurance. I did at one time.
    Dubious the word 'many'... Few i'd guess.

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Martin.

The lycra is the dead giveaway, anyone prepared to get dressed up like that is clearly taking it and themselves way too seriously.

Worst are the ones who reckon they are somehow holy and blessed because they think that by choosing to cycle they are doing their bit for the environment. I'd run them over, then reverse back and run them over again.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by RothwellAudio View Post
    When I was a kid I took my Cycling Proficiency Test, and passed We were taught how to ride safely on the roads, use traffic lights and generally obey the rules of the road like any other vehicle.

Since then, what happened?
    Ha! It's like Wacky Races through Islington in the mornings!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by WESTLOWER View Post
    Ha! It's like Wacky Races through Islington in the mornings!
    I'd like to see that, especially when they find out that the entrance to the Dartford tunnel is just painted on.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

Amazing how anti-cyclist the mood seems. It almost makes me want to buy another bike, just to piss everybody off!

Mind you, I can be just as annoying on my motorbike.

I'm inactive.

Quote Originally Posted by WESTLOWER View Post
    Why is it bollocks? Under the current set up, if You use the road, you pay. Simple.
    It's not about wear and tear, it's about usage.
    In a sense it is about 'wear and tear' but crucially it's about maintenance. Potholes (for instance) are not simply a product of usage but a deterioration largely caused by natural developments occurring under the surface. They are a major source of irritation and a danger to all road users (bar pedestrians) and cost millions to put right every year. Only fair that the users who are most affected and benefit most from the upkeep should bear the brunt of the cost rather than burden the general taxpayer. I see no reason why cyclists should be exempt from this at all.

Insurance is the other one that gets my goat - cyclists can and do cause accidents that impact on other people's lives in sometimes quite drastic ways (as the Alliston case shows) and yet are immune from the requirement of cover for injury/damage to third parties..... ridiculous.

I'm Richie.

[edit - i'm out]

I'm Geoff.

I'll start looking for another bike I think.

I'm inactive.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Amazing how anti-cyclist the mood seems. It almost makes me want to buy another bike, just to piss everybody off!
    Actually I'm not really that 'anti-cyclist' but am completely against the idea of liberalising the restrictions placed on the use of electric vehicles that seemed to be the gist of the thread at the beginning.
    Bad enough, as a pedestrian, that we have had to submit to the social terrorism of cyclists using the footpath rather than the road (where they belong) - god forbid that we get a lot more of the same but motor powered

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast