+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Newbie

I'm Andrew.

Default Newbie

Well, I've finally joined a hi-fi forum! Not that I claim to be an "audiophile". To be honest I don't like that term. It goes with "patina" and "shabby chic" in my dictionary of useless phrases. Any how I've been listening to music since I was a young lad and vinyl for many years. My first proper album I owned was Pink Floyds The Wall, which I still have. I currently own Cambridge Audio 640T, 640C, 650A & 540P phono amp which connects my red Pro-Ject Debut III to the system. I also have a Marantz DR6000 CD Recorder so that I can put some of my vinyl onto disc to play in the car. My musical tastes range from Tori Amos to ZZ Top with a large proportion of my collection filled with Pink Floyd. I don't like Country & Western, Rap or most of what's in the music scene currently. I do like Foals, Wolf Alice, Nothing but Thieves and Vessels and always listen to Radio 6 & watch Glastonbury for any new bands that I may take a liking to. That's about it for now!

I'm Martin.

Hi Andrew, welcome to the forum. You got a lotta Cambridge Audio there.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Lawrence.

Are any of those speakers??

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

I'm Andrew.

Forgot to say I have them running through a pair of Cambridge Audio S70 floor standing speakers! (In a Jeremy Clarkson voice) some say that's a bit too much Cambridge Audio equipment!

I'm Andrew.

Probably too much! I'd like to change the speakers, CA S-70 floorstanders, but I've no idea what would work and currently don't have a budget of any kind. The only components that I've owned from new are the tuner, phono amp & speakers.

I'm Geoff.

Hi Andy. Welcome to AOS.

Are you keeping your system as it is or do you have any changes in mind?

We have sections covering every aspect of Hi-Fi, so if you have any questions just ask or even start your own thread.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.

I'm Andrew.

Cheers Geoff. I would like to change some things so I'll post in the relevant forum.

Location: Out on the wild and windy moors Lancs / Yorks Border

I'm Andy.

Welcome Andrew. Try to listen to a few systems before committing to changing anything, there are lots of lads fairly local to you with systems that are probably quite different than what you are familiar with. Most on here are very welcoming and will happily let you bring your favorite record or cd along to have a listen on a different system, myself included as I am not far from you.

Andy
    Analogue
    401 / PU7 / AT33ev
    Longdog Audio Quartz turntable PSU
    Longdog Audio MCJ1 - Prototype Phonostage
    Digital
    Innuos Zen Mini Mk 3
    Topping D50s
    Caiman Seg & Dorado
    Cambridge CXC
    Amps
    Tron Seven Linestage
    Bel Canto Set 40 or Nick Gorham built 300B Set Monoblocks
    Speakers
    Tannoy GRF Memory.
    Tannoy ST100.

I'm Steve.

Hi Andrew, always a welcome at chez pony, You might even get a biscuit. Live in Chorley, not far from you.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread