+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Bigbottle MC Phonostage

I'm Simon.

Looking good Oli, what are the PSU requirements?
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sq225917 View Post
    Looking good Oli, what are the PSU requirements?
    Thanks mate.

The PSU is built in to the PCB. All it needs is a 240v, 40va 165v 9-0-9v Traffo and it's ready to go!

Bigman80 Guest

Yesterday saw the Prototype PCB go for testing.

With the board completely finished, the total cost for the PCB and Parts came in at around £145.

They are high quality parts. All Vishay resistors and Vishay 1% tolerance Capacitors for the critical sections of the board. All polypropylene capacitors where film caps are required with a maximum of 5% tolerance and Panasonic Axial capacitors.

Time taken to populate the board is probably around the 60-90 minute mark.

Silver solder from Shockwave was used for this board. I have no idea of the % of silver content but it is a nice solder to use.

The Transformer for this unit will be provided by Toriody.pl and costs around £70. Airlink will do the same TX for around £50 but I prefer Toriody.pl

Next will be the build!!!!

I'm AndyElectroNumpty.

that all sound affordable!

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by smangus View Post
    that all sound affordable!
    Well, that's the hope. To provide an easily affordable Valve phonostage with excellent performance. The performance is right, just need to cost the build now.
    Last edited by Bigman80; 07-11-2018 at 14:09.

Bigman80 Guest

After what feels like an eternity of waiting, the first ever BIGBOTTLE phonostage is up and running!!!

I am grinning my head off

The case is a bit big but it's a good one and I used for the Wizard.

All the components are of very good quality, unlike the Wizard which I built on the cheap as I had no idea how it would sound.

This Bigbottle is certainly demonstrating the worth of getting HQ components.

More to follow.

I'm Grant.

well done that man
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    well done that man
    Thanks mate.

I'm sure there are neater ways of doing things and better ways to do XYZ but, if you ask Alan, he'll tell you how much of an achievement for me this is.

He will quantify it by the amount of repeated and stupid questions I've asked

I'm still way off completely understanding what everything does BUT I've managed to put it together and it works which means if 'I' can do it, anyone can!!

That was the goal, a phonostage that anyone can build.

I can't believe it works

I'm Grant.

looks fine to me, for hand built. dont do yourself down... onwards and enjoy your own work. nothing better than your own; its like making your own coffee
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AndyElectroNumpty.

Nice one mate , well done !

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast