+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: Bigbottle MC Phonostage

I'm AndyElectroNumpty.

Quote Originally Posted by drSM View Post
    Hi Oli
    this sounds like a great project. i ve had a cursory read of this and related threads.
    Is the PCB still available?
    How does this compare to your Moon phonostage ?(All change at Big Bottle thread).
    Smangus havin problem on his build ?
    ta
    S
    Issues probably down to my Numpty attempts at following instructions , not the board quality

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    At the cutting edge of Numptyness!

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    Agreed
    Me too., It's a sad day when we lose guys like Oli.

Way too much emphasis, time, energy and passion spent on those emotive other things, politics, Abstract chat etc - It's a hifi forum.....

There was a time when this forum was a really special place to be, focusing on what you expect to find in the tin - hifi, now I feel we've lost our way a bit - shame, hopefully we'll get back to that.

I learned so much invaluable hifi related stuf, over the years, through joining here, lets get back to basics and the fundamentals of what this place is meant to be about and built it's reputation on, as a great place to be for lovers of hifi and music - please ! otherwise I sense others will depart too, out of sheer frustration, lack of interest and due to that not so nice feeling you get when someone who's contributed greatly and felt part of the AOS family, aint gonna be around anymore, what ever that reason might be
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm John.

I am now the proud owner of this Phono Stage and its a great performer in my system.

Project Perspex 6SB, Yaqin MS-30L , Tannoy Revolution XT-F6.

Quite a simple unit to use with limited tweaking but the sound is just right. Nothing emphasized and vey smooth to my ears.

Room is 4m x 5m approx and it works OK although I am considering some treatment when I've read up a bit more.

Any advice on room treatment would be welcomed.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Home built PC driving Adam Audio 7 Active Monitors from Asus Xonar Essence STX.

I'm Zander.

Did you buy from Oliver?

I am still weighing up my options so thank you for posting your opinion of yours

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223