+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Bigbottle MC Phonostage

Bigman80 Guest

After a couple of months of hard work and my gratitude to JP of D.I.YAudio, the prototype PCBs are here.

A couple of members here are going to undertake a build of a board and have a go at putting together their own phonostage.

A BOM is now very close to completion and parts have been ordered.

Ive made a start on my board and am currently awaiting a delivery of resistors to do a bit more. I'll add the progress as I go for anyone who may be interested in following the progress.

A few pics!!

I'm AndyElectroNumpty.

Looks good mate, I was wondering what was happening with this , nice one.

Bigman80 Guest

Cheers mate. It's still got a way to go. Found some errors in the BOM tonight so redoing that.

Only found it when I'd soldered some resistors in

Looks like minor typos buy that's what building a couple of prototypes does, iron out the wrinkles.

Bigman80 Guest

Ironing out the wrinkles as I go.

Decided to abandon the "smallest components first" approach and just solder in the bits I already have available.

Progress!!!

I'm Deleted.

I would solder the components (that can be) on the top serface as well as the rear.
    Account Deleted

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    I would solder the components (that can be) on the top serface as well as the rear.
    Why? I'm happy to do it but not sure why (newbie)

I'm Steve.

Hi Oliver

Apart from a few minor but very frustrating position and value issues this board is quite straight forward.

I'm really looking forward to building it and hoping it's as good or better than your original Wizard phono stage

Like you i have very little knowledge but can stuff a board hence me building my dcb1 turbo which Firebottle finished for me
    Think i can finish this one myself,,, hopefully...

Great post and photos mate

Steve...
    Turntable; Rega p8
    Cartridge; Alpheta mc
    Phono Stage; Rega Aria, Bigbottle 3 mm/mc
    Amplifier; Rega Elicit
    Speakers; Rega Rx3

Bigman80 Guest

Soldered the top layer. Missed a couple but I can go back.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by STD305M View Post
    Hi Oliver

Apart from a few minor but very frustrating position and value issues this board is quite straight forward.

I'm really looking forward to building it and hoping it's as good or better than your original Wizard phono stage

Like you i have very little knowledge but can stuff a board hence me building my dcb1 turbo which Firebottle finished for me
    Think i can finish this one myself,,, hopefully...

Great post and photos mate

Steve...
    Hi Steve.

The goal is to have an easy to follow build guide and straight forward parts ordering process. Everything comes from Farnell and is readily available and if you follow the part numbers on the BOM, you really shouldn't get it wrong.

Obviously, there is the option to put your own choice of components in the board and that flexibility is fine as long as the values are the same.

It's aimed at the beginner so even the PSU is catered for. The only difficult bit is building it into a case and making sure you wire the Traffo the right way.

Once I've picked the Traffo, it should be easy enough to sort out and that will be included in the build guide too. Along with how to test it before you attach it to the system

It's an exciting time.

I'm AndyElectroNumpty.

Looks great , sounds very promising!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast