+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Bigbottle MC Phonostage

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    How do you mean “the eq is off”?
    The square wave (only method of testing we have) is not square.

Looks like a ski jump.

We got the prototype spot on but there are a few little changes in components on this board which has thrown it off.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Marra View Post
    Now that looks really interesting
    It's the way the I should've gone in the first place but I didn't see the big picture. I only use MC and don't like suts so found a solution of my own, with lots of help.

However, as was proved with the Ortofon SUT that was here the other day, it CAN work.

This Interest in a MM version makes me think it's worth the work.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    now he comes out with a mm one
    Yup, arse about face mate. That's usually how I do things.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Yup, arse about face mate. That's usually how I do things.
    was the logical way initially, but a straight MM only sometime might be a good idea. where all the money goes into making as good an mm as possible. you could always design a mc ad-on later for it. its all good practice and might get you ahead of much of the competition. not many make really good mm's that also look good.(which to many is as important)
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Neal.

The square wave (only method of testing we have) is not square.

Looks like a ski jump.

We got the prototype spot on but there are a few little changes in components on this board which has thrown it off.
    You are using an inverse riaa stage, yes?
    Listening in a Foo free Zone...

Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    You are using an inverse riaa stage, yes?
    Yes. Well, Alan is. I'm just a spectator

Bigman80 Guest

was the logical way initially, but a straight MM only sometime might be a good idea. where all the money goes into making as good an mm as possible. you could always design a mc ad-on later for it. its all good practice and might get you ahead of much of the competition. not many make really good mm's that also look good.(which to many is as important)
    The stage was initially a MM circuit. We added the MC later on when if got fed up of being unhappy with head Amps and suts.

It's just a case of incorporating the switch to put the MC side into the circuit. When it's switched to MM, it's in its original form.

I'm Grant.

The stage was initially a MM circuit. We added the MC later on when if got fed up of being unhappy with head Amps and suts.

It's just a case of incorporating the switch to put the MC side into the circuit. When it's switched to MM, it's in its original form.
    ah, ok, good stuff... alas it probably comes too late for me as i have something coming.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Bigman80 Guest

ah, ok, good stuff... alas it probably comes too late for me as i have something coming.
    That's ok mate. It's a way off being ready. That's only the initial mock up. It needs loads of refinement. Won't see these boards for 3 - 6 month's, need a prototype to check all is well before committing to a group buy.

It's all money too.

Admittedly, can be done in a cheap wooden box but even the parts cost

I'm AndyElectroNumpty.

Yes. Well, Alan is. I'm just a spectator

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    At the cutting edge of Numptyness!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast