+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anybody know what this connector does?

I'm Neil.

Default Anybody know what this connector does?

Am not sure if that is for headphones, it looks like it could be for a 1/4 inch TRS connection like used in studios and music production / rackmount gear.
    Last edited by Yomanze; 13-08-2018 at 17:04.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Yomanze View Post
    Am not sure if that is for headphones, it looks like it could be for a 1/4 inch TRS connection like used in studios and music production / rackmount gear.
    Would be very helpful if it was mono. It does appear to be connected to both sets of connectors but I can't see if it's stereo output or not.

I'm Raymond.

It looks to me,like a neutrik speakon connection......????
    Pro-Ject RPM 9.1,Speed Box II!Tube Box II,Denon DL 301 mkII,Onkyo C7030,Bluesound Node,Aric Audio Unlimited,(Promitheus Audio TVC) First Watt F5,(Monarchy Audio SM70 mk2 x2) Hornshoppe Great Horned Heils,(Nola Boxer 2's) HSU Research stf-1x2,vtf-2 mk3.

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TEA FOR ONE View Post
    It looks to me,like a neutrik speakon connection......????
    Don't think so I have some of those.

I'm Will.

Looks like it's wired in stereo, connected in parallel with the normal RCA outs.
    Radford Revival
    www.radfordrevival.co.uk

montesquieu Guest

Well I plugged in a mono 1/4 jack (with an RCA socket on the back) and one channel (right) went silent ... I'm trying to find a stereo jack to see if the other channel also goes silent, but I suspect this means it's effectively a headphone socket. So I guess not a sub output then. Oh well. It still sounds pretty good in the room it's in without a sub, the little Tannoy DC6es are fine on their own in this space.

I'm Edward.

Like Raymond in NY I also think it is a Neutrik jack,

See here for an example.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Grant.

Looks like it
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Looks like it
    Does indeed

This is always the shape I associate with a Neutrik connector but I guess there must be more than one.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    Picked up a lovely sounding Gate Audio pre from Lawrence recently, in use in the study with a Garrard 401, Trichord Genesis, Pass Aleph M clone and a pair of Tannoy DC6es - really nice.

But it has a funny connector on the back - seemingly connected to the outputs - just wonder what it is?

My guess is either 1) earth socket - looks like it might take a banana plug? or 2) some kind of subwoofer output socket of a kind I've not seen before?

I had hoped to use split RCA cables to run a sub from the mono'd output of the only stereo pair of RCA outs, but it gave me a round loop so I gave up.

Anyway, could anyone enlighten me, I've shown a bigger picture of the overall layout in case that helps.

https://www.thomann.de/gb/neutrik_nj...hoCatkQAvD_BwE

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast