+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wanted....dac for transport

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Dee View Post
    Hi Geoff..sage words indeed...I made an offer to the seller on Ebay ..they agreed...I paid ...and one Digital Decoding Engine
    should be winging its way to me.Hopefully it will arrive for the weekend and I can audition it properly.Will post how I get on ... Thanks..Dee
    Ah. Nice one. I'm sure you'll like it.

I'm Dee.

Hi Geoff...the Digital decoding engine is a big improvement on the DITB...Been using it all weekend and it does sound good...very anologue...lots more detail ..much more defined bass .. better soundstaging.Your right I do like it and it will be staying with me for the time being.I would still like to make comparisons with the two dacs on my shortlist but the bars been raised and for £90 delivered the DDE is ticking all the boxes

Hi Geoff...the Digital decoding engine is a big improvement on the DITB...Been using it all weekend and it does sound good...very anologue...lots more detail ..much more defined bass .. better soundstaging.Your right I do like it and it will be staying with me for the time being.
    That's great news. At least it saved you a lot on the cost of SEG.

I'm Geoff.

Hi Geoff...the Digital decoding engine is a big improvement on the DITB...Been using it all weekend and it does sound good...very anologue...lots more detail ..much more defined bass .. better soundstaging.Your right I do like it and it will be staying with me for the time being.I would still like to make comparisons with the two dacs on my shortlist but the bars been raised and for £90 delivered the DDE is ticking all the boxes
    Yup. The DDE is a decent sounding DAC. You'll probably get near enough your outlay back selling the DITB. So good news all round.

I'm Geoff.

Now all you need is a Theta TLC or Monarchy Audio DIP jitter buster to put the icing on the cake .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123