+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Moving Magnet recommendations required

I'm Andrew.

Shure M55e + JICO neoSAS stylus easily upto the standards of the 2M black but without the expense or the PITA experience of setting it up.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Alan.

No Nagaoka fans here?

MP 200 up. No fatigue, low surface noise etc...

I'm Dave.

Some of the recommendations do not provide the "meaty bass and mid range" desired by the OP. His present AT is a better choice than some in that regard.

I'm Svend.

Steve, since you specifically mention meatier bass and mid, then I would suggest looking at something like a Goldring 1042 or 1022. I have the latter, and have compared it with an Ortofon 2M Bronze on a Rega arm, and the 1022 was far more punchy, dynamic, full-bodied. Excellent bass drive and nice rich mids. The Bronze was also excellent, but quite different - more detailed, delicate, light-footed, quick. More air and ambiance than the Goldring, which was more forward and direct.

Both are excellent, but I think the Goldring fits your description better. Let me know if you need more feedback on either.

Svend

I'm Rich.

I've been using a Clearaudio Performer for a few weeks, it's full of meaty goodness in the low end.

Clearaudio Emotion with Clearaudio Performer cart
    Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali
    Van Damme I/Cs and cables

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    Shure M55e + JICO neoSAS stylus easily upto the standards of the 2M black but without the expense or the PITA experience of setting it up.
    That's what I keep as a spare.

Tried the 2m Black twice, sold them both

I'm Mike.

The ortofon 2m Black is a great cart, however if you want very similar performance but don’t fancy shelling out the £400 plus, then try the VMS30 mk2, you can get a very good 2nd hand one for about £150

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm richard.

Quote Originally Posted by stairpost View Post
    I've been using a Clearaudio Performer for a few weeks, it's full of meaty goodness in the low end.
    Phew! Thought I was the only one waving the ClearAudio flag.
    Leema Pulse MKI; Electrocompaniet PC-1; PMC TB2i; Denon TU-260 MKII; Pro-ject Xpression 1 with ClearAudio Classic Wood cartridge

I'm Johan.

Technics EPC 205 is supposed to be the best. Then you have the rest of the family. EPC 206, EPC 207 and EPC 270c. They are not in production any more, but can be found as used. I have the EPC 207 and EPC 270c. I am happy with both, but happiest with the 207 on my Lenco L75. They fit the arm,, and my ears very well.

I'm Steve.

What are you saying about Marco! How rude! :-)
    Steve aka 'Twelvebears' (it's a long story)
    System: Technics 1210 Mk5, Jelco 750 arm, AT33EV via MF X-LP2 Phono Stage, Oyaide mat and record clamp. SB Touch via Marantz PM-11S1 amp and Wilson Benesch A.C.T. speakers. Mark Grant cables and PS Audio Power Plant Premier mains regenerator.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast