+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Round or square?

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Yes that's the way it works: a square mug with a carefully profiled rim. I still think it clever that in one position it looks square, yet the reflection looks round. Rotate the mug and it and the reflection change shape.

I find these optical illusions fascinating, even when I know how they work.
    Barry

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    I was hoping this post was about slice sausage
    Lorne knows where you can get that round here.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Co View Post
    It's square but the top edge varies in height (scalloped) so it looks round from some angles (or vice versa), there's definitely something dodgy about that edge.
    P.S. I have severe astigmatism so please ignore me.
    Hey I said it first! Don't be trying to claim my prize

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Sorry I didn't see your post, I will send the prize on, please give me your name, address and full bank details including any
    passwords, pets names and favourite teachers.

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Sorry I didn't see your post, I will send the prize on, please give me your name, address and full bank details including any

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Co View Post
    Right, you got a pen, Len?

Name: Tarquin Quentin Fenton Lwim-Bim-Bim Bus Stop F'tang F'tang Ole Biscuit Barrell.
    Address: 13 Upper-colon Crescent, Royston Vasey
    Bank Details: a/c 10538, sort code 36-24-36. £1,373.14 o/d. so good luck with that one.
    Password: ratsfurrycrack123
    Pet name: Honey-buns. Oh sorry pets name: Alice Cooper
    Favourite teacher: Mr Kotter

Let me know if you have any problems.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Alan.

You're nuts.

I'm Steve.

What about them? Oh I see, it's this thong, they keep popping out of the sides.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Martin.

Oh Ive got books of optical illusions...some are amazing and others just tedious.

Try the magic eye books if you want a bit of fun. I have my eye trained to squint into the images and its amazing what appears...the image suddenly takes on a glow as your brain deciphers the hidden 3d information

I'm Anto.

And I thought it was a thread on bales (you know hay bales ,round or square !!??? , Oh forget it !! )
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast