+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pink Floyd Maine Road

I'm Steve.

Default Pink Floyd Maine Road

Bloody hell! 30 years this week since i watched Pink Floyd at Manchester City's Maine Road. Jeeeezus! 30 years! I was only 14 the first time i saw them at Newcastle Odeon 1973 which i know was a long time ago and does not come as a shock. But 30 years since the Delicate Sound Of Thunder Tour that is unbloodybelievable. £15 a ticket too. Laughable innit?

I'm Steve.

So that's when it was! Thanks Steve, a small forgotten chunk of my life has now come back to me! I really enjoyed that gig, it was even worth the cost of paying some feral kids to 'look after' the car while we were in there. I remember the flying bed gave me a bit of a start.

I thought it was quite a good venue, also saw the Stones and David Bowie there - the exact date of those still hiding somewhere in my memory.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

Old gig tickets. I'm sure I must have some, somewhere. I know I kept some big name ones like Clapton, Tull, Hawkwind, Primal Scream and others but I don't know where they are. I have a horrible feeling that I might have binned them at some point. Then I think that I couldn't ever have been that stupid.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

Yeah I wish I'd saved all my tickets, but at the time wouldn't have given it a moment's thought.

A few years ago I built a conservatory for a guy in Hyde who had saved all his tickets - he had them in picture frames going up the stairs. Names ranging from Led Zepellin, to names like Camel, Rusty's Dumpy Nuts (or is it Dumpy's Rusty Nuts?) Steve Hillage. Looked quite cool. Also had some of them big B&W studio speakers that look like robots. And his missus was really nice. Bastard.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Martin.

Yeah I hate those people who plan ahead like that. I mean who would ever have thought it would all pay off one day?
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Steve.

Yeah I would have looked after my tin plate robots, Battlewagon and Johnny Seven OMA. And I would have tried harder not to crash my bikes.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Yeah I would have looked after my tin plate robots, Battlewagon and Johnny Seven OMA. And I would have tried harder not to crash my bikes.
    Always wanted a Johnny 7 and a battlewagon set.

I'm Martin.

Battllewagon was crap, my mate had it. A real let down.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Steve.

My dad was up till 2 am putting all the little flags on it then went to bed, 30 minutes before I shouted upstairs "Mum! Dad! Father Christmas Has been!" On reflection my brothers Scalextric was better, but I did have fun shooting his cars off the track as they passed.

T'other system:

A/V:

+ Reply to Thread