+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: B&W DM2

I'm Simon.

Default DM2

These are now gone , good to meet you Tony.
    All the best
    Simon

I'm Ottone.

Angry I'd like to give you back them!

NOT in good working order! One with muted midrange, the other one with muted tweeter...! Mate, how can you propose stuff like that, these are only for parts, and you have to state the true condition of them!!

What a disappointment, I travelled 3 hours, trusting you on perfect working order as you verbally confirmed, and then having the bad surprise once home.

I'm Simon.

Default DM2

Hi Tony
    So sorry they are not working properly, when you come back up to Stoke I will obviously give your money back for the speakers. I thought they were ok sorry.
    Simon

I'm Lawrence.

Mids and tweeters (or tweeters and supertweeters) are plentiful but you'll have to pay. If you get the money back it should pay for the replacements so you'll still have a good pair of speakers for the money, just the little hassle of repairing, but makes the 3 hour round trip worthwhile anyway just make sure you get the right impedance on the coles supertweeter (4001) I think there's an 8 and 16 ohm version, not sure which ones these use. I think all the HF1300s are the same. Spendorman is the expert here, although I'm sure a few of the regulars will also know.

Also worth twiddling the knob on the back to see if it helps, and checking the crossover.

I'm Alex.

Lawrence is correct, the DM2 /DM2a uses the 16 Ohm Celestion HF1300, this is found in DM1, DM2, DM2a, DM4, Spendor BC1, BC2, BC3, SP1, Rogers Export Monitor, LS3/6, Celestion Ditton 25 and many more speakers. It is unusual for these 16 Ohm units to fail, but not unheard of.

The correct Coles 4001 is the 4001G, so called 16 Ohm impedance, but actually measures 23 Ohms DC resistance.

It is fairly common for a Coles 4001G to fail, and the owner of the speaker not even notice this.

As Lawrence mentions, If the DM2/ DM2a has a treble level control switch on the back panel, these can have dirty contacts causing a loss of treble, a light spay of something like Servisol will often cure this.
    Last edited by spendorman; 04-09-2018 at 02:47.
    Spendorman

I'm Geoff.

These speakers are well worth sorting out. They are an absolute classic design of their time and in my view vastly undervalued at current pricings.

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    These speakers are well worth sorting out. They are an absolute classic design of their time and in my view vastly undervalued at current pricings.
    +1

Until fairly recently, I had four pairs of these, gave one pair to a friend.
    Spendorman

I'm Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyfi View Post
    NOT in good working order! One with muted midrange, the other one with muted tweeter...! Mate, how can you propose stuff like that, these are only for parts, and you have to state the true condition of them!!

What a disappointment, I travelled 3 hours, trusting you on perfect working order as you verbally confirmed, and then having the bad surprise once home.

I think Simon replied kindly to this a PM would have been much better rather this this reply on a for sale ad that stop him from selling in the future.

Yes they are well worth the repair fab when working i have a pair...
    Pre & Power
    Technics SUC 909U & Technics SE A909S
    Turntable
    Thorens TD 125 MK1 , SME 3009 S2 Non Improved , Shure V15 II , SME 2000 Plinth
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Marantz 6005 , Beresford Caiman , Paul Hynes SR4
    Loudspeakers
    Tannoy 615 MK2

I'm Simon.

Default Dm2

Hi Dan
    Thanks for the kind comment, I have replied on pm and am sorting out with Tony next time he visits his friends in Stoke. I don't want any problems selling stuff in the future and have had some cracking stuff and met and talked to a very friendly crowd .
    Thanks
    Simon

I'm Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy View Post
    Hi Dan
    Thanks for the kind comment, I have replied on pm and am sorting out with Tony next time he visits his friends in Stoke. I don't want any problems selling stuff in the future and have had some cracking stuff and met and talked to a very friendly crowd .
    Thanks
    Simon
    Hi Simon

No worries bud hope you get this sorted...
    Pre & Power
    Technics SUC 909U & Technics SE A909S
    Turntable
    Thorens TD 125 MK1 , SME 3009 S2 Non Improved , Shure V15 II , SME 2000 Plinth
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Marantz 6005 , Beresford Caiman , Paul Hynes SR4
    Loudspeakers
    Tannoy 615 MK2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast